Chapter 6-- Turn of Events

If you asked me how many times you've crossed my mind. I'd say once because you never really left my mind.

Jane's P.O.V

It's been four weeks since I have been working with Liam. Fortunately, Liam and I became friends or something like that. I have been trying to avoid Luke as much as I can.

Some of my colleagues are becoming more than work friends. Jade, Joseph, Harry, and Tori. I told Greg and Arie about my friends and they were happy to hear about my social life.

Liam called me into his office to go over some documents.

"I'm still working on the policy you asked me to adjust. Why am I doing this in your office? We can go over it on Teams without being in the same space" I asked Liam. He turned his chair to face me. "I want you to stay here with me," He said. "But why?" I asked confused.

"So I can talk to you face-to-face. I don't want to keep typing," He replied. "Okay," I said looking over the document. But Liam won't stop staring at me, so I raised my head and stared back at him.

"What?" I asked while he smiled.

"Nothing," He replied and walked towards me. He sat down on his table facing me. He kept staring at me.

My heart skipped a little.

Which is freaking weird.

He leaned close to me, his face was just some inches away from mine.

I knew what was about to happen, but I couldn't move. He paused and searched my eyes like he was looking for a sign. He raised my chin a little high and leaned closer to kiss me.

His lips touched mine at first I didn't kiss him back, but then he pulled me closer and I gave in. His soft lips brushed across mine. He started softly, licking my lips. His hand gently moved to the back of my head to pull me closer.

I pulled away and took my time to catch my breath, he also did the same.

Honestly, It was amazing, but it's so wrong, I must be crazy, allowing him to do that.

I stood up immediately, realizing I just kissed my boss.

"Oh my god... Oh my god... What just happened? You...I...No no no. This is not right," I freaked out.

He stood up and walked towards me with seductive eyes. I must be out of my mind.

What's stopping me from slapping him?

I kept walking backward without looking back. I stopped when my back hit the wall.

Deja vu.

He placed his hands on the wall locking me in.

"Maybe I love doing crazy things," He said and leaned in again. But this time, I managed to avoid it by moving away from him.

He didn't push it. He just stood in the same spot, staring at me with his hungry eyes.

"Please, can we forget what just happened and pretend like it never happened," I said to him after a minute of silence. He nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, we should," He said. "Good! I need to go. I need to get back to work" I said trying to avoid his gaze.

"Yes, I should do the same." He said keeping one of his hands in his pocket and the other hand to caress the back of his neck.

I walked out of his office.

What the hell did I do?

Damn! I kissed my boss! Where are my morals?!

Can the ground just swallow me now? The worst part was that I enjoyed it. I didn't slap him. I can't report him, because I wanted it too. OMG! Who am I?