Chapter 36-- I'll make you mine...again

Liam's P.O.V
The ray of sun came through the window. I opened my eyes slowly. I tried to move, but I felt another body on me. Then I remembered what happened last night. That was the best night have had in five years.

I smiled and kissed her forehead.

I could feel my heart racing every time I looked at her.

She looks so beautiful in the morning. Her naked body on mine. She's sound asleep.

Our hands and legs are intertwined. This is how it is supposed to be. I want her in my arms every time I go to bed and when I wake up.

I have no intention of getting out of bed any time soon.

She moved her body a little without opening her eyes. She smiled in her sleep. I gently removed my hand from hers, trying not to wake her up. I removed the strand of hair falling on her face. I tucked it behind her ear gently. She snuggled closer to me in the process. She murmured inaudibly and went back to sleep.

After a while of watching her sleep, I got out of bed gently. I didn't want to, but I had to check up on Ian. I planted a kiss on her cheeks before leaving.

I should see what everyone is up to this morning. I put on some clothes and brushed my teeth before stepping out. I checked the room Jane used yesterday, but Ian wasn't there. I decided to check downstairs.

I saw everyone in the kitchen chatting. Everything got quiet the moment I walked in and they all faced me with teasing smiles. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Good morning everyone," I greeted. "Morning," They sang. Ian ran from the back door towards me. "Dad!" He hugged me and I smiled. I carried him up in my arms.

"Where's mom?" He asked. "She's still sleeping," I answered. "What did you eat this morning?" I asked him. "Grandma gave me coco puffs," He replied happily. "Oh yeah, did you like it?" I asked smiling. "A lot!" He answered and Mom took him from my arms.

"This weekend was fun with you guys, but Laina and I have to go. We have a photo shoot to attend," Logan said.

And it hit me.

"Wait! What's today? Is today Monday?" I asked and they nodded.

"Oh shit!" I said with my eyes wide open. Jane mentioned something about her work today. "Liam! Watch your language. Your son is right here," Mom said, angrily.

Right.

"I'm sorry. Ian that's a bad word don't ever say that. You guys need to excuse me. I have some calls to make," I said before leaving the kitchen.

Jane was to start her new job today. We were supposed to leave last night, but that happened, and we lost track of time. I kept her awake all night, we let through the alarm.

Damn it! She's going to kill me. I have to call John to get me some info about her job.

After calling John, he called back and told me she got a job at a small company as an IT consultant. I got the CEO's direct line and called.

I told the CEO Jane couldn't make it. He didn't even argue with me. He said she could resume work the next day. He started talking about business with me. He was so excited, so I told him to see me in my office later.

I called my assistant to inform her of my absence.

I don't think I want Jane to work there. I want her to work with me.

We have five years to make up for.

Logan and Liana were gone by the time I returned to the kitchen. Dad was eating and Mom was talking to Ian.