Back Again

The bottom of the sea was never a place that Atom liked to be in. Maybe it was from being trapped in a fusion or the fact that they always sink and were never built to float. Why was that? Why couldn't Lefty just build in a floating device?

So being at the bottom of the ocean isn't a very pleasant thing for Atom.

Flashes of Jasper attacking them and Lapis were still fresh in their mind no matter what they did to forget. Out of the corner of their eye they could swear that they saw a flash of orange that sent a chill down their spine.

"You missed your ticket back to homeworld." The figure said while sitting next to a waterlogged Atom. The robot huffed before shifting away from the figure.

Atom soon glared at the figure before they stood up. They looked up and at the night sky through the water but couldn't even make out the moon from how deep they were.

"Are you going to do something or?" Atom quickly flicked through their screen before sighing and laid down in the sand. "That's not doing something." The figure groaned before quickly disappearing in a flash of light.

A bubble of water surrounded Atom a moment later and soon a pair of arms. If they didn't see the blue skin they would've shot the thing that dared to get this close to them but the familiar blue bring them comfort.

"Im sorry. " Lapis said while resting her head ontop of Atom's. "When you left like that, we were worried and I just wanted to help, I never meant for you to get hurt in the process."

"I'm sorry too." They hugged Lapis back. "I let them take him. I wasn't fast enough and I'm sorry for being such an idiot about the recall code. I know you only wanted to help." If they had any tears to cry, Atom would've been doing just that but nothing came out of their eyes. Every time that Steven got into danger, they were always there to prevent it but now, he's gone and they were stuck at the bottom of the ocean.

"Atom,it's fine with the whole recall code thing, I should've understood why you wanted to keep it a secret" Lapis pulled back from the hug and kept them at arms length. "Wait who took who?"

"These gems took Steven to Homeworld, he gave himself up for the humans." Atom ran a hand through their hair as Lapis stared at them in shock.

"We have to get you back to the barn." She said. "And we can get the refugees to help us build a space ship. We will fix this." She took their face in her hands, gently angling it so they would look her in the eyes. "I promise." She held out her pinky which cause a small laugh from Atom.

They wrapped their metallic pinky around her blue one with a watery smile. "I promise too."

~~~

The barn was a lively one with the refugees, Lapis, Peridot and Atom trying to find enough materials to make a spaceship that can travel long distances and hopefully to Homeworld.

Lefty and Peridot were doing the main designing while the others were scavenging for parts. Topaz carried some big slabs of metal with Pyrite on her shoulder while Lapis and Aton were helping with another metal sheet.

Lapis set down the sheet of metal and turned to the robot next to her. "Atom, maybe we should rest for a while." She suggested. "You haven't gotten to relax since we got back and I'm starting to get worried."

"We have to save Steven first." They sighed. "Then I can rest." They lifted the sheet metal from one table to another and gave Lapis a not at all confident smile. "I will be fine."

"Atom! Can you give us a hand over here?" Lefty called as she held a wielding torch.

Atom smiled at Lapis before they ran over to the peridots. "What's the problem?" They noticed that the two Peridots have come to a stop for their technological genus. "It looks good so far."