57. In My Arms

Gojo Satoru came looking for them after a while. They were still gathered under the shades of the tree, but other than small scratches and dirt on their clothes, most of them looked alright. He trusted his students to survive the fight, but not completely unscathed either. Can't expect them to win against the shitty Special Curse.

Thank goodness for Maguro here then.

Shoko has taught her well, Gojo thought to himself quietly.

There is indeed a mole amongst the competitors. He couldn't find anything wrong with his own students, hence he must put the blame on the Kyoto side. There were no other outsiders that came into the college grounds other than Kyoto's students and instructor.

And that Principal.

Yessssss, Gojo nodded his head whilst scratching his chin. The principal could be the biggest mole here, given his calculating and evil vibe thrown openly towards Itadori. But no, still not him. The Mole's objective in invading the grounds is not Itadori himself but the fingers stored and locked in the College's vault.

The principal's objective was to destroy Itadori, not the fingers.

Utahime had agreed to help check this out as this only happens when they arrive and had the galls to look apologetic about it.

The mole's news is kept between only the teachers and staffs. And Maguro. Trust her to keep it quiet, but seeing everybody's reaction when he arrived, none of them was told that there is a mole.

Gojo smirked. What a good girl. This time, he'll buy her a whole store of sweets.

"It's safe now to return to the waiting hall. Let's go there to get the lot of you wrapped up properly. And for anyone who lost their clothes, please do get dressed. We're in a civilized community," Gojo exclaimed, clapping his hands to herd the students back to the hall and eying Todo's shirtless body. Watching them walking up like zombies, tired out from the competition and the unexpected intruder, the Kyoto side gave out a hum of acknowledgment and shuffled onwards.

While Tokyo's side...

It was like it's a little farm, and its chicken feeding time with how all of them rushes to him like small chicks.

"Sensei, it was the special grade curse that attacked you before," Fushiguro started first, and was then interrupted by Itadori.

Fushiguro gnashed his teeth. Itadori really did this on purpose, or it was his nature to be like this?

"Sensei, sensei!" Itadori exclaimed, one hand up in the air like he is answering a question in classroom. "That thing had a flower on its shoulder. It was about to unleash some ultimate skills when the purple thing blasted through it. Don't know if it's dead though."

Gojo smiled. "No, it's not dead for sure. But weak enough to leave their friend behind – we caught one furniture maker that kept going on and on about some hanger rack he wanted to make from my spine."

"Getting excited over bones? What sick vermin does that?" Maguro chided, disgusted with the image of a hanger rack made from spine bones. That image got stuck in her mind for a while and she made a disgusted face over it. Inumaki chuckled when he noticed her face.

Gojo clapped his hands together and exclaimed, "Anyhow! Let's go now. We've got to discuss the next competition since this one ended. Not to say fair and square, but the time is almost up, and Kyoto side definitely is losing this one out."

Everyone complied and followed Gojo to the waiting hall.

Inumaki noticed Maguro have been yawning for the 10th time already, and this was since before Gojo-sensei came to pick them up. She's tired, but she's stubbornly holding herself out.

Did she not know the next competition is going to be held only in the next day? They're basically done already today.

Extending his hand behind her back, he gently guided her head to lean onto the crook of his shoulder, where it should be more comfortable for her to rest.

Maguro blinked, surprised with the sudden direction her head is going. "Toge-kun?" Maguro asked, looking up at Inumaki. Oh, look, he has really long lashes, Maguro thought to herself quietly. He's so beautiful. Did he know he is beautiful? Handsome. So handsome.

"Takana, Tuna. Shake Shake," (It's alright, Maguro. Just rest. I know you're tired. I'll wake you up when we're done.) Inumaki said gently to her in a low voice, patting her head softly and rubbing his cheek on top of her forehead.

It was almost as if he just dropped a spell on her. Instantly, she felt her body relaxes and felt sleepy quickly. She trusted him enough to let down her guard immediately if he said it.

"Mmmkay," Maguro mumbled, her eyes drooped further as she makes herself comfortable on Inumaki's shoulder. "Thank you, Toge-kun... I'll just...close my eyes...for a bit bit..."

He smiled, brushing the tip of her nose with the back of his finger when he felt her slumped in his arms, appearing fast asleep. Cute, he thought to himself quietly with a smile, amazed at how fast she drifted off to sleep. Pulling her closer by her waist, Inumki hooked both of her legs to his sides so that she sits comfortably in his lap. If the discussion is over, he could just carry her as she is right now back to their dorm.

Sleep, my sweet, he thought quietly in his mind, brushing her baby hair away from her eyes affectionately. Thank you for today, Maguro-chan. You really are a Godsent. Rest well. I'll keep you safe in my arms.

A/N: Loook at that pictureeeee. <3