68. Interrupted

A/N: Extra long chapter for today before we celebrate Labor day tomorrow. <3. And that's a mighty lovely picture there. Miura? Are you the author? Love that art. 

Note to all, please don't threaten me to write faster, or in whatever form of threat and sue that comes in the form of 'jokes'. I don't want to crap this up after so long. I write to de-stress, not to add more stress on top of what I am already stressing in life.  I love this story way to much to destroy it. Good words comes a long way. And it's really easy to just press the backspace. 

Thank you. 

Let's rewind the scene a bit.

The shower is running, completely soaking the couple kissing passionately underneath it. But they paid no heed to it and all attention are showered onto each other. Nothing else exist outside of their embrace, and nothing else matters apart from each other.

Nothing.

Maguro loved it when Toge pulls her closer. It made her feel safe and warm, and it sends a shiver up her spine when she felt how hot his body was when pressed up against hers. He would make a noise whenever she slides her hand up his chest, and she finds that so sexy. She didn't mind the fact that his grip around her is a little tight. Her only concern is that it's not enough, and they could become much, much closer– if only she could get his clothes off right now.

For Inumaki, it was a different call.

He could have died just now. In the event earlier, he could have died. It could have been worst, and they were lucky to escape alive after encountering that Special Grade Cursed Spirit. Nothing works against it, none of them are equipped and ready to go up against a Special Grade, and they were overpowered.

Maguro could have been left alone if they didn't make it.

He couldn't imagine the sorrow she would have to go through once again. He had felt that heart wrenching grief she had had during her nightmare before this. It was cold, hopeless, and outright a torment to feel and go through alone. And through the connection he has with her, he knew she looks up to everyone like her family.

As of now, they were the only people she has left in this world.

And Inumaki, being her boyfriend, would be the one she holds closest to her heart. He felt her fear at seeing him so hurt after using his Cursed Speech over a spirit far stronger than him, and he was sorry to put her through that. He knew, losing him could devastate her.

It is only in the eyes of Death that he had realize he has yet to love and dote on her properly. He had yet to bring her out on a date. Had yet to ask her out on a Matsuri festival. Had yet to see her dolled up in yukata. She would have look lovely in lilac.

His family would have love and doted on her like he would be doing.

And he was reminded of a particularly lovely patch of bellflowers blooming at his side of the manor back at his home. He had to show her. He had to bring her there.

He didn't want to have any regrets were he to suddenly die one day.

To make up for his oversight, he promises to himself that she, Tsukigami Maguro, would have his undivided attention from henceforth.

"Don't stop," Maguro said breathlessly as he slides his lips down her neck, his teeth grazing the skin at her collarbone, eliciting a sharp inhale from her. She scraped the lower back of his scalp near his nape and fisted her hand in his hair from the lovely sensation. "Toge...Toge, please... Don't stop..."

How could he stop? When she had so sweetly asked him not to.

He was glad that Maguro had pulled him back in by the front of his shirt and kisses him deeply. He knew that she wanted him as much as he wanted her. He quickly recalls where exactly he had stowed away that box of condoms he found in his bag before he came to the campus if they really did go through all the way.