Sana - True Colours

(Warning drug use)

My career had pretty much gone down the drain after a certain incident, making me blacklisted. Fans turned against me, netizens slandered me and my company forced me out of the idol life, because people judged and already made a decision before really knowing the whole picture. No one knew the full details apart from my group and I and the people who were in the meeting. After my contract was terminated and was no longer in the the group they carried on minus the member and have had some decent success since.

Now working behind the scenes doing whatever I can, choreographing, building sets, helping trainees etc. Nothing that puts me remotely in the media's eye, I still make my living, the company allowed that atleast.

When I have been working, some artists/idols keep it professional and ignore the elephant in the room from working with me and just get the job done. Some refuse to work with me, some like to ask me questions about what happened and some I can hear whispering behind my back. Its inevitable, people didn't have to understand me, I knew in my heart I did the right thing and I can live with that no matter what people around me think. It does grow tiring though.

A year has passed since, things calmed down, the general public and media moved on from it. I had just finished doing some dance teaching with trainees. My next job was with a M/V set for the girl group Twice, for the song 'The Feels'. Yes the nations girl group, the perfect role models and beautiful ladies of kpops 3rd generation. It was natural to be a little jealous of them, but they are hard not to like. I knew them a little, we were acquaintances back when I was an idol, they were always welcoming to me and my group.

I had finished tweaking some of the little ornamental details from the set, when in came the girls in their first outfits of the M/V on. The high teen, almost punk look with mainly tartan patterns. I admired them discretely from a short distance away, pretending to be busy, the girls looked incredible. I overheard some whispering from Momo "Hey, isn't that, that girl from *group name* that got blacklisted?"
Here we go again....
"I think it is......what was her name again?...Oh L/N Y/N" Dahyun replied.
"It's a shame, from what I remember their group was killer and she was an all-rounder" Sana mentioned.
A miniature smile formed on my face from the compliment, well least they weren't calling me as such, but it was still a little rude.
"Guys we shouldn't be talking about this, there is always two sides to every story, it's not fair." Jihyo their leader said sympathetically. They all quietened down, obeying her and prepared getting ready to start.

The director called out to Twice to get in places. My cue to get out of the way, I turned around and started to move off the set and head behind the camera. Walking back, all the girls passed by me and I bowed to them as did they back to me. "FIGHTING" I whisper shouted in encouragement. They all flashed a smile at me, Sana cutely whispered back "Thank you!" and patted my shoulder on the way by. I was grateful they were being polite.

The process was long, retake after retake to get this group scene perfect. They were truly professional, giving hundred percent each time. Even in between takes finding ways to entertain themselves and boost each others energy. I found myself smiling unconsciously, Jeongyeon was throwing this pillow around at the members trying to get a reaction until Nayeon took the bait and started chasing Jeongyeon around the sofa that was in the middle of the set, meanwhile the other members started throwing the random soft looking objects at Jeongyeon and Nayeon who were playing Tom and Jerry. I had to stifle a laugh but it slightly echoed across the small hall towards them. I think they were too pre occupied to catch it, that would have been embarassing.

A few more takes and they were done with that scene, the producer said that some can take a break and go to the catering area for food as there were individual scenes to shoot. I had to quickly move and remove some of the objects, diligently running around. Again I saw a couple of members glancing at me. I bet they were wondering how a high class idol is now some sort of lacky behind the scenes and is OK with that. Honestly it wasn't to bad, sometimes I appreciated being out of the spotlight and sometimes I missed those fan interactions. They certainly knew how to give you a boost.