Nayeon - Parallels

Hi guys, updates from here on are probably going to be slower than they are now. Rather than a few weeks it may be longer so apologies.

.............................

*Blows whistle*

"Alright girls huddle up!" Y/n called out after the kids had ran through a simple drill during practice. She coached an under 9s' girls football team alongside a friend of hers, Jihyo. With Jihyo juggling a few things she only part time coached leaving Y/n to the rest.

It was great coaching the young ones as they soak up so much information and it's very easy to see the development in them. "Good job everyone, that drill has become alot easier for you all now." She praised, it was very important to encourage and praise alot at the young age you want to keep them keen and enjoy the sport first and foremost.

Her team were probably teetering above average and Y/n could see alot of potential in her squad. The team sat above mid table in their little league.

"Right I'm going to take the goalkeeper and the defenders to run through some pointers, while Y/n is going to do some attack drills with the more forward players." Jihyo announced after their small break in training.

All the girls had a quick drink and happily separated into their groups. As they walked to their spots Y/n got a tug on her jersey, turning her head giving the child her attention.

"Hey mum, can we go to that special tteokkboki stall on the way home for dinner?" The pigtailed girl hopefully asked making Y/n chuckle.

"Hmmm.....tell you what Lucy. If you do good in this drill and do everything I say, I will take you to it." Y/n proposed challenging her child.

Lucy's face brightened at the possibility and then her expression changed to one of determination which Y/n found cute. "I'm gonna do awesome. Watch." She grinned skipping over to the line up.

True to her word Lucy tried her best, did everything Y/n said and on the way home it looked like she was going to have to pay out.

Training had ended for the evening, the two coaches collecting all the equipment in while Lucy sat on the grass waiting for her mum along with another of her teammates.

Y/n and Jihyo hadn't noticed yet, the remaining child, as they picked up the last few cones. Heading back over was when the pair saw, chatting away to Lucy.

"Heyy Yuna, how come your dad hasn't come yet?" Jihyo asked dropping a couple of bags down.

"Ohh.....ummmm I don't know." The tall dark haired girl replied unbothered. Yuna was easily the tallest on the team even at 9 years old possibly tallest for age full stop. "Did he say he was going to be late? Also girls put your jackets on you don't want to get a chill after exercise." Y/n spoke lightly in a motherly tone.

As the kids complied, she saw Yuna rack her brain. "I don't remember, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, we will keep you company and I will try get in touch with him." Y/n told her grabbing her phone in the mean time Jihyo interupted.

"I'm going to head off, see you at the game on the weekend."

"Oh yeah sure no problem Ji, get yourself away see ya!" Y/n said and the two said their goodbyes.

The two kids did their own thing playing around while Y/n rang Yunas dad, unfortunately there was no answer. She was about to ring again when a white Audi pulled into the small parking area by the field.

A smartly dressed and beautiful woman rushed out the car, walking towards them. Her dark locks were up in a large claw clip as a few strands at the front were loose. Yuna noticed the presence and smiled brightly showing her bunny teeth. "Mommy!"