Dahyun - Garden Party

(AN: I have some motivation to write for a different member, this one is mainly fluff.)

"And thats it from me with all this mornings news, as always I will be back with you tomorrow. Stay tuned for the weather report, looks like its going to be a good one!" I announced gracefully as I finished my morning segment. Shuffling my pile of papers in front of me professionally smiling before getting the signal the camera was off.

Visibly relaxing and standing up making my way off the set, grabbing a hot coffee from the snacks and beverage area. "Great job Y/N, always so easy to listen to in the mornings." The voice behind me complimented me, I knew who it was before turning to face them. "Ahh thanks Lia-ya, I'm hoping shadowing me still is okay for you? I know it can be abit boring sometimes." Lia is my junior, has been here for around 4 months after graduating from college. She was assigned to me to mentor, essentially take under my wing and so far from my point of view she is doing a great job and taking on all the information I provide. "No its no problem. Thanks to you I have my first news report assigned to me!... I mean its barely a story, but its a start." she explained. I gave her a proud smile. "Thats great. You got to start somewhere, I was in your shoes at one point." I said trying to make her feel better, to which she gave me her endearing eye smile.

It was early afternoon when Y/n made her way home. It was pretty lucky she managed to get the morning news anchor role, it often meant she was home at the latest 2.30pm, meaning Y/n had most of the day free to do whatever. Quite often her girlfriend would also be at home. Her being an author, meant more often than not that was the case. She was a home body spending her days working in her study for hours on end.

Coming through the front door Y/n was instantly greeted by a bouncing white fluff ball. "Hey Ari! You had a good day? Ofcourse you did, all you do is eat, sleep and play." She greeted the little dog in a weird high pitch voice as she scooped the dog up to pet it. Still with the dog in her grasp, she made her way to the kitchen throwing her keys and bag down on the bench. Is she still working? the book comes out tomorrow, what could she possibly have left to do? "Lets go find Dahyun buddy."

Y/n found her way to the study, knocking once before entering. Opening the door to the sight of her girlfriend, hair in a loose bun, glasses on, oversized sweater and some loose fitting jeans reading through some document. The news anchor had an adoring smile on her face as she leant against the frame, the dog wriggling pulled her out of her zoned out staring. Putting the dog down on the floor, bounded over to the girl sitting comfortably. Dahyun hadn't even noticed the new presence, until Ari jumped at Dahyuns legs. "Hey Ari, how did you get in here?" By this point Y/N had scuttled over to the desk, walking around to her girlfriends side, gently placing a hand on her shoulder. "What about me? I get no greeting?" Y/n said fake offended, Dahyun got spooked by the sudden contact, quickly turning her head. "Oh my god, you snuck in! you scared me!.... Hii Y/n." Dahyun spoke with her eyes wide before bringing a smile to her face.

Y/n bent down pecking her girfirends lips gently, before standing upright again. Moving herself to behind the chair Dahyun was sat on, placing her hands on her girlfriends shoulders giving them a light massage as she talked. "Doesn't the book come out tomorrow? What could you possibly be working on?" Under Y/n's touch Dahyun melted back into the chair.
"Just going over some stuff for the book signing, prepping for potential questions stuff like that.... Plus I'm nervous, my first trio of books sold well and put me on the radar. I feel more pressure." Dahyun sighed, Y/N felt the tension through her shoulders. Bending right down, due to the height difference of her being sat down. Now laying her arms over the front of Dahyun loosely hugging her from behind."Babe, relax. Everyone will love it, you have a way with words. Thats one of the reasons I fell in love with you." Y/N encouraged sweetly laying a lingering kiss on the girls pale cheek. "Now come on. lets go eat and you can rest up. you need the energy for tomorrow."