Mina - Catfish

'Ladies and gentlemen. For flight number JP2010 to Osaka. Will now be boarding at gate 15.'

Over the tannoy I hear the announcement I have been waiting for. Gathering my bag and making sure I have my boarding pass ready, I make my way to the gate.

I was near the front of the queue for boarding, so for a while I was just sitting in my seat on the plane waiting for the rest of the passengers to find there way on.

I had settled getting comfortable in my seat which was in business class, the luxurious seats making any journey more comfortable even on this short flight of around two hours. I randomly picked up the safety leaflet giving a quick read.

I then felt a presence near me almost as if someone was staring, I lifted my head to be met with a woman in a black slim fitted pant suit with some pin stripes on it.

Moving my eyes higher to her face, her expression was cold and stoic, her straight black medium length hair framimg it. I felt a chill run through my body despite the fact she looked intimidating she was unbelievably beautiful, my throat went dry.

I sat there in silence wondering why she was standing over me until she opened her mouth. "Excuse me, you are in my seat." She said in a soft and delicate voice. It took me a minute to process before I was a fumbling mess. "Ah..oh...right...I'm sorry. I guess I...I misread my pass." Standing and picking up my hand luggage moving it to the next seat along.

"Thank you." She said quietly, before organising herself and sitting down next to me. No doubt she thought I was an idiot.

After that awkward encounter, she said something to the person behind her. Then then they seemed to wander off and didn't come back, assuming that person went to the regular seats. Strange. Who is this person?

Everyone boarded and the flight attendants did their safety demonstration, a little while later we were in the air.

I decided to get out my tablet to play around with some designs I'm working on. I was an interior designer which was quite a rewarding job seeing your ideas come to life or bringing someone else's to life.

*3rd person pov*

Y/n was brainstorming some ideas on the special apps she uses, totally in her zone.

The woman who was sat next to her glanced over, she couldn't quite see the screen but saw the woman effortlessly moving the stylis around on the tablet. It peaked her interest, was she playing a game? Doing work? Or just drawing?

The encounter earlier was awkward, the suited woman wondered if her neighbour freaked out because she realised who she was. Maybe it was the fact she knew the facial expression she normally has can be taken the wrong way.

Either way it was a little frustrating and disheartening when people changed their behaviour around her, most people never come to realise that she is just like everyone else.

There was a little bit of turbulence that meant Y/n dropped her stylis and it rolled off the side of her table towards her neighbour. "Damn it......where did that go?" Y/n muttered to herself looking around for the small item.

To the side the dark haired woman saw something in her eyeline roll across the floor. Then heard a mutter from her side, immediately she bent down and picked up the item realising it was the stylis from her neighbour.

She turned to her side seeing the woman looking for it. "Hey. Is this what you are looking for?" She asked waving the item, making Y/n turn towards the voice and her face rose into a happy one. "AH!....yes thank you.....ummm?"