Nayeon - Family pt2

(AN: Someone commented for 'Family' part 2, I thought why not. It was going to be easier than writing a whole new concept for a different member. I go on holiday next week so I will be MIA ✌️).

I stayed overnight in the hospital with Nayeon and Yuna, the hospital provided a bed for me which I was grateful for. They were being kept in for routine postnatal observation before being discharged.

Once we left that hospital.That was it. Our life now revolves around this small human. It depends on us for everything and we take care of her like our life depends on it too.

I pulled the car into the driveway, the baby was asleep in the back car seat and I looked towards Nayeon who was struggling to keep her eyes open. "Hey, we're home." I softly called out and she hummed in response.

Before getting Yuna out I unlocked the front door and picked up all our gear to put in the house, then I went back to unbuckle and pick up the carrier. Yuna was dead to the world for now, I'm sure it would only be a matter of time before that screeching cry would be heard and we would have to figure out what she needed.

The three of us entered our home and were greeted frantically by Kookeu wagging his tail and sniffing everything.

Nayeon really looked zoned out, labour must have took its toll in her. "Nayeon? Why don't you go take a bath and relax for a bit. You've been through alot, I've got this under control." I kindly said, even though I don't have a clue what I'm doing. No amount of baby books prepare you for the real deal.

"Huh...are you sure?" Nayeon vaguely replied and I nodded.

"Ofcourse love, I can see you're tired. Go take a bath and have nap, hospital beds just don't do it." I insisted gently, she agreed reluctantly pecking my lips before sauntering off.

I took a deep breath, this is it, this is life now.

Kookeu was still very interested so I decided to let him meet his sister properly. "Alright buddy, you can meet her. Just be careful okay?" I told him as I walked towards the living room area while he patted along behind. I sat down on the floor with my back resting against the foot of the couch with the baby carrier.

Then I picked Kookeu up allowing me to control his actions for now, I showed him the carrier letting him sniff the area. After I hovered him above Yuna just enough to let him poke his nose out to sniff close by our newborns face. "Good boy! This is your baby sister, you're going to be best buds and do everything together and protect each other right!?" I explained to the dog hopefully, he just wagged his tail the entire time.

I let him down after and he was excited but he was a smart dog, he quickly realised this new presence in the house was something important and not something play with. I kept a close eye on him until he settled down and jumped on the couch by my head and lay down looking towards the sleeping baby.

......

The first few weeks were tough that's for sure, it was a chaotic mess but a unique experience. At around three weeks Nayeon and I finally got into a routine with Yuna, taking turns during the night for feeds and changes. During that time we had visitors to come see the little one and congraulate us, it was a lomg road ahead and we were exhausted already.

I had a small time off work for the arrival of Yuna and now I was back into my work schedule, ofcourse Nayeon was on maternity leave for the foreseeable months.

Leaving Nayeon to majority of the stuff while i was working even though I was in the house, was still tough. I didn't want her to have to do everything, but at the end of the day I had a job to do and she also knew that so tried not to disturb me in the study.