Chaeyoung - Reunion

Y/N POV

I made my way into the cafe to meet a couple of my friends for an afternoon coffee, stepping in I scanned around the shop and eventually found them in a corner area. I walked over greeting them. "Hey guys sorry I am late!" Offering apologetically, the three of them just smiled. "Hi Y/n! It's okay don't worry about it, we only just got here ourselves." Dahyun responded.

The three of them shuffled around the booth a little to make room for me so I could take my seat. We were interupted when the waiter came over. "Hello, Can I get you a drink miss?" He asked politely. I glanced at the table where they already had their beverages, I knew what I wanted so did not need to look at the menu. "Ah yes, can I get a medium hazelnut Latte please." The young man wrote it down and offered a smile before wandering off.

My friends consisted of Chaeryeong and Dahyun who have been my best friends since college, then Chaeyoung who recently started hanging out with us. She is pretty good friends with Dahyun, they go way back and a short while ago moved back to the area. I don't know much about her so she's more like an acquaintence to me. However she seems pretty chill, she rides a motorbike rather than having a car and I did notice she has a completely different style to us, comes across as very much her own person and not out here to please anyone and everyone which I respect alot actually.

We could often sit and talk for hours and totally lose track of time.

"So my 10 year high school reunion is coming up......I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to go and part of me does not." I told the group hesitantly. Chaeyoung had a blank look on her face probably wondering why I was so hesitant. Chaeryeong and Dahyun had a more understanding look. "Well....I think you should go, I think it could be fun and you know....people change I mean it's 10 years we are talking about." Chaeryeong answered carefully knowing full well why I was perhaps not wanting to go.

It was a bad high school experience, Y/N grew up fairly poor. All through school never had the latest gadgets, toys or fashion. She was never dirty or anything just did not grow up with priviledge, her parents worked hard to provide the necesseties. Which they had, a roof over their head, water, heating, food and family. The basics certainly, so she could very rarely go out and do what the other students did, of course Y/N also ended up having a crush on one of the popular girls and when she found out it was a bit of a disaster. Nayeon was her name, her and her friends had made fun of Y/n, teasing and essentially making her life miserable, Nayeon or her friends never physically hit or anything mainly it was words. Nayeon was a bully. It did leave a mark on Y/n, however one thing she can say is she worked hard and studied to beable to provide for herself. With her parents not having any kids to look after and a smaller house they were alot more comfortable, Y/n now worked as an Architect after going to college with a scholarship for a few years and built up a portfolio.

"It would help if I had a date, going on my own seems scary. Ryeongchae be my date pleaseee? Dahyun doesn't like parties." I pleaded hanging onto her arm. Dahyun chuckled and Chaeryeong scoffed at me.
"Y/n I am not being your date....I will cause a scene if I see that bitch and make everything worse." She whispered to me detaching my grip from her arm. Then she proceeded to wiggle her eyebrows at me before speaking up louder. "What about Chaeyoung?" That made Chaeyoung almost choke on the mouthful of coffee she had, quickly placing the cup down and wiping her mouth with her napkin. "What!?" Chaeyoung then questioned nervously. I looked to Chaeyoung and back to Chaeryeong. "I can't ask her to do that, we barely know each other and I don't want to put her in an awakward place." I tried to rectify the situation. Dahyun laughed again then turned her head to me before gesturing to Chaeyoung as she spoke. "OHH... you thought Chaer was being serious? Nah it's not really your scene is it Chae? It would be too....laidback?" Chaeyoung then eyed me before looking away as she spoke sounding unbothered "Yeah.....like it could be a bit pretentious." Ofcourse I don't know her but there sounded like some hesitancy in her voice when she said that.