Yeji - Persona

Another summer over, another year at college to come. I pulled into the campus to one of the vacated areas in my Lexus, away from the dorms. I'm way earlier than the lecture starts, hoping to not be spotted by any students. I grabbed my bag that contained my books and laptop headed into one of the many buildings here.

I hung out in the library or wandered the halls most days until most of the class was already in then I'd walk in, sometimes purposely late. Since it was the first day back I was on time, entering the lecture hall taking a seat fairly near the back with my feet up on the next chair below. A few seconds later my two best friends walked in, extremely happy to see me. "Heyyyy Y/n!" Chaeyoung the shortest of our trio greeted waving making a B line to sit next to me, then Ryujin right behind her. "Whats up Y/n!" She had dark blue bobbed hair. "Hey you two, ready for hell?" Y/n lightly joked referring to studies.
"One hundred percent ready and willing to learn." Ryujin said sarcastically pulling a stupid face and showing a thumbs up making the myself chuckle.

The three of them had a reputation, Y/n more so than her bestfriends. According to everyone they had a bad attitude, did shady stuff, didn't care about others only themselves and had bad grades. Y/n was all those things, but also a huge flirt and slept around.

Only that wasn't the case at all in the first year of college, a rumour was started and things escalates to more and more rumours. Y/n may have made up the original rumour, to avoid people asking about her personal life and what better way to do that then become unapproachable and be emotionally unavailable.

Y/n in fact had excellent grades and was passing with high honours so far, her friends also had decent grades, people just loved to believe what was heard.

I scanned around the room to then notice none other than Hwang Yeji enter the hall with her three bestfriends, Lia, Mina, Chaeryeong. God she was the perfect girl, my ideal woman. Her piercing cat like eyes, her cute little mouth, a body to die for. She had a personality of a saint. Only not with me. I deliberately teased and tried to make her life hell. Knowing my reputation would make her dislike me. if I would have made a move on her originally and found out who I really am, I feel like she would pity me and I don't want that so I essentially pushed her in the other direction. The other three, certainly pretty but could be a bit bitchy, which brought their overall impression way down.

"Well if it isn't the three musketeers." Lia stated condescendingly as all four of then sat behind us. I just rolled my eyes ignoring her words, turning to Yeji. "Good morning, lovely to see you too. Hey Yeji.....let me know if you need someone to satisfy you like your boyfriend couldn't. Heard you two broke up over summer." I goaded her, while Ryujin and Chae giggled. "Oh you heard. Good for you. Let me know if you need a new laptop, I will set up a go fund me for you." She bit back. I smirked to myself, if only she knew....
Turning back to her. "So spicy Yeji. Is that so? Do you personally come present the money to me?" I flirted as I winked at her and she scoffed.
"Unbelievable" I heard her mutter under her breath.

I was actually quite rich, but no one needed to know that. That's how you end up with fake friends most of the time. The lecturer came in commanding attention and began her lesson, the first day is so boring. "Shit, I don't have a pen or anything." I heard from behind me only just catching it. Without looking back I picked up my pen lifting my arm up and backover towards her. I felt her take it. "What about.....you know what nevermind." Yeji quietly spoke scoffing. I just sat there for the rest of the lecture with my feet up on the chair slouching.

The lecture ended after about a million years. "That.....was so boring. The first day is the worst." Chaeyoung said stretching. We all got up to leave the room. "Right, I was almost asleep." Ryujin added.
"Why do you guys even come to college?" Mina must have overheard.
" I come to pick up beautiful women like yourself Mina." I bluntly said and she tutted while the other three scowled at me and I let out a little laugh. "Your faces are funny right now." I pointed out.
"Oh grow up!" Yeji added.
"Yes your highness." I responded placing my hand on my stomach and bowing slightly. They didn't talk after that and walked out as we haphazardly followed the rest of the students out.