Ryujin - Unexpected

(It's been a while, Happy belated New Year. I finally had an idea.)

(AN: reference to marijuana.)

The puff of smoke filtered into the air as the girl exhaled, feeling the relaxation and sedation of each draw of the cigarette.

It was a free period which she snuck off to her secret cubby hole, the small derelict outhouse building, windows smashed and grungy from the outside. Y/n had been coming here since the beginning of high school and was pleased that no one had yet discovered her.

99% of students didn't go near the place, superstitions of weird noises and ghost stories. Y/n couldn't have cared less and most of the time locked it from the inside, she needed the solitude, gradually over time she tidied up the inside piece by piece to atleast make it clean and a chill little hideout.

She threw the butt into the small bin half full of sand amongst a collection of others. Then she took out her extra strong peppermint gum putting a piece in her mouth, after spritzing herself with perfume. She tried to be careful to not let the smoke seep into her clothes being particularly anal about it, she set up a fan in there so wherever she decided to place herself the fan would blow the smoke away from her.

Leaving everything as it was she went back to her studies feeling alot more mellow.

Y/n was the straight A student and sports star of the school, fairly popular and not bad on the eye. Hence why she was very secretive about her habits in order to not destroy her rep.

Currently Y/n was at volleyball practice at the end of the school day. Quite often a little group of students would come to swoon over the team mainly Y/n, but on the whole she didn't pay too much attention to it.

She was into guys and girls however had never really pursued any romantic relationship. Mostly it was the odd date or a make out at a party apart from that it was never serious.

Her bestfriend and Co captain was the opposite. Shin Yuna the bubbly outgoing personality, people were always drawn to her. She was currently dating Lee Chaeryeong, a sweet and caring girl but, unfortunately for Y/n she was in the same frindship group with the schools rebellious student, Shin Ryujin. Her tomboy style, her attitude and got on most of the students nerves because of her antics.

Many wondered why both Y/n and Yuna were so close given the contrast in personalities and it was the same for Chaeryeong and Ryujin, although Ryujin rarely hung out much with them as she had a friendship group outside of school.

Practice had finished and the two captains quickly showered and returned to the hall to meet up with Chaeryeong, Lia and Yeji. "Where's the unruly child?" Y/n asked the trio taking a sip of her water bottle, while Yuna slipped her hand into Chaeryeongs.

"Oh detention." Lia gave a knowing smile. It was a regular occurrence for Ryujin. She might be rebellious but on the whole she was harmless, never bullied anyone it was mainly disruptive and a prankster type behaviour which often aggravated the teachers and students alike.

"She is a strange one." Said Yeji as they all left for the day.

....

At home Y/n found herself alone, another regular pattern. Her parents went out quite often leaving her to her own devices which Y/n wasn't fussed about it was just abit boring, she knew theu had responsibilities to take care of.

She whipped something up in the kitchen to eat, after she sat at her window ledge puffing on a cigarette before discarding it and placing herself at her desk to study.

....

In the morning there was a math test, Y/n was sat by the window and Ryujin was sat directly behind her. Throughout the test she could hear Ryujin tapping of her pencil, the incessant rubbing out, it was irritating her but she knew she was probably the only one that could hear it. Then near the end of the test time by this point Y/n had already finished.