Nayeon - Family?

(AN. I randomly had this thought I was is the middle of a Mina one shot, which is on its way.)

"BABE!?"

I heard from downstairs.

"Yeah!.....What!?" I shouted down my reply.

"Chaeyoung and Mina are here, they have some news!" She yelled.

"ALRIGHT BE RIGHT DOWN." I responded before shoving some suitable clothes on, it was just our friends so, I just threw whatever on.

"Come on Kookeu lets go." I called the dog and scurried downstairs not wanting to keep them waiting and found them all sitting at the kitchen table. "Hey you two. Always nice to see the favourite married couple." I greeted and sat down beside my wife.

"They came to share something with us, we are the first to know beside immediate family." My wife explained energetically.
"This seems all very formal, what's going on?" I queried confused looking at the other three. Mina and Chaeyoung had weird smiles in their faces, then Chaeyoung rested a hand in Mina's. "Sooo....we would like to officially tell you.....Mina is pregnant. She is about 12 weeks. We would have told you sooner, but wanted to make sure..."

------
That was a few months ago and that was what kickstarted the children debate again. Neither of us were particularly interested in starting a family once we got married.

We always said yes it would be nice, but something like a child takes 100% commitment. It was never a decision we could make half heartedly. We had to both want it all in.

After a few weeks discussion, we came to the conclusion to try and scheduled the initial appointment for IVF treatment.

------
Here we are a few months further down the line, Mina was eight months pregnant her baby shower is at the weekend.

Today was the first insemination for Nayeon. After all the appointments and discussions, we decided it was best for Nayeon to carry the baby and use my brothers sperms donation for Nayeons egg. We were keeping this a secret until we had a confirmed pregnancy there was no guarantees this would be successful.

"I'm sooo nervous Y/n." Nayeon told me uneasy as I squeezed her hand in reassurance while she lay on the bed in her hospital gown. "It will be fine babe, we just have to be prepared for every outcome and I will be right by your side for it all." I sincerely said back to her.

A few minutes later the Doctor entered the room. "Good morning, I will be doing your procedure today. There is nothing to worry about and it shouldn't take too long."

Once he had all his gear on and Nayeon was in position he began the process. There was a few grimaces from Nayeon but she coped well and the Doctor had inserted the embryo to the lining of her uterus. "Alright all done, I will leave you to get changed. You can resume normal activities and we will have you return in 12 days for a blood sample pregnancy test."
"Thank you Doctor." I told him.

-------

Mina and Chaeyoung's baby shower was beautiful, they found out a while ago they were having a girl so there was lots of pink theme going on, Mina was about ready to burst, her bump was huge considering how petite she was.

-----
Nayeon and I returned to the clinic for a pregnancy test, the days had flown over. Nayeon said she had experienced some pain and cramps here and there and to me she seemed a bit more emotional than usual. However she had been on medications and hormones for months and we had been quite stressed so I didn't blame her for the change in behaviour.

"Hello Mrs L/N, I have the results of your test here." The nurse spoke as she sat down. Both of us extremely nervous.
"Unfortunately the hormone levels are below what we should expect, the embryo hasn't taken and embedded. I'm sorry that the first treatment has failed. However there is not that many that succeed on the first try so don't be too discouraged." The nurse sympathetically explained.