16.

*Knock knock*

"(Y/n)." Nanami calls as he walks into your room first, then your mother, and then Yuji. "(Y/n) it's mom and dad. We brought a visitor too."

Your vision was stil blurred and you couldn't recognize the voice of who was supposed to be your father at all.

Your mom rushed over to give you a hug as you lay there in your hospital bed.

"I want.. to sit up." you said as you squirmed in your mother's embrace.

Your mother packed pillows behind your back to keep you up steadily as she placed one hand behind your back and another on your chest.

You moved your head from left to right trying to scan the blurred room. You had a hollow look in your eyes and they seemed glossed over as if you were blind.

"Your doctor gave me your report so far. He said you are having blurred vision, right?"

You just nodded.

"I'll set you up with an eye specialist soon. For now, I bought whatever glasses I could find to help. Mind if I put them on you?" your father said, inching closer to you.

You just sat there, not moving or saying a word but didn't squirm as Nanami put different pairs of glasses on you, asking if you could see better each time.

Finally after trying five pairs of glasses, you found some that actually helped.

"How about these? Can you see any better now?"

You blinked a bit before nodding.

"Good."

You scan the room again, this time being able to see your surroundings.

"(Y/n), I'm your mom. Do you remember me?" your mother said with concern.

You just stared blankly. It was getting harder to talk. "Uhm.." you said in a whisper, thinking as hard as you could. "No."

"What about me, (Y/n)? It's dad."

You put both hands over your face and shook your head slowly. You looked like a toddler just waking up from a nap.

Your parents exchanged a look. They knew the likelihood of you remembering them would be slim.

Your mother removed her hand from your back and placed it on your head. "You were hurt pretty bad." her voice broke. "You really don't remember any of it?"

You looked down and shook your head.

Yuur mother removed her hand from your chest and stepped out.

Nanami and his student exchanged a look before he spoke.

"(Y/n) this is-" Nanami started as he pointed to itadori before he was cut off by you.

"Pink." you uttered.

"Yes, his hair is pink. His name is Yuji. He'll be keeping watch over you for a while." the man said as he motioned for the boy to come closer.

"Yo! So you're (Y/n), huh? Nice to meet you." he said, extending a hand.

You grabbed his hand and gave it a weak shake.

"I know things seem really out of sorts right now, (Y/n) but they'll get better. When the doctor comes back later to examine you, hopefully we can get you into physical and speech therapy."

You nodded before shuffling, signaling that you wanted to lay down.

Nanami removed the pillows placed behind your back as he gently layed you down.

"You must still be pretty exhausted. Go ahead and get some sleep, your mother and I will be back later." your dad said as he softened his eyes at you.

"Goodnight, (Y/n)..."