46.

Nanami charged at the curse with all his might but as soon as he went to strike, he fell to his knees.

"Damnit, Kaya.. why?" he cried as he looked to the sky as tears poured from his eyes. "Damnit, eat me too! You've already taken everything I love." the blonde screams before being overtaken by grief as he was no longer able to articulate words.

Yuji heard the commotion and saw Nanami looking at the sky as he saw you being loaded into an ambulance, now being halted as the emergency staff were shocked at what they just witnessed.

"(Y/n)!!" Yuji yelled as he ran, Megumi tagging behind him.

Even though the boys were a good enough distance away to not notice the curse slaughter your mother, the noise peaked the boys' curiosity causing them to get closer.

"Princess, hang on!" he yelled as he got closer and closer to you. As he reached the ambulance he was now able to see the state you're in, terrifying him.

Tears filled in Yuji's eyes, "No, princess, how did it come to this! What happened to you?"

Megumi glanced at you with shock in his eyes before running to Nanami.

"Nanami, what happened?" he asked hurriedly.

Nanami removed his glasses as he glanced at Megumi, "Take a fucking look, Megumi, my family's dead."

"Don't say that!" Yuji screams, "She's not dead, damnit!"

Yuji grabbed your hand and squeezed it, "Damnit you can't die yet! We still need to go on that date! What about our water fountain? I was too young and immature but I'm ready now. Please, marry me! Wake up and say yes damnit! I know you can hear me, you did last time! Please!!" Yuji cried loudly as he now wrapped his arms around you.

"Sir, please remove your arms we need to treat her." a paramedic said sympathetically.

"No, I'll never let her go!" he yelled at the paramedic. "Never again." he whispered.

"She'll die if we don't do something this instant. Please, let go." the paramedic said firmly.

Megumi came over and put a hand on Yuji's shoulder, shaking his head.

"Well, c-can I go with her? Please, I'll do anything!" the boy pleads.

"Yes, that's fine but please refrain from touching her." the paramedic instructs before loading you completely into the ambulance.

Yuji hops in and takes a seat, "Nanami, come on!" he instructs.

Nanami's body goes limp as his eyes close, "Just leave me."

"But Nanami, that's your daughter!" Megumi shouts.

"She's gonna die anyway. Haven't you seen her injuries?"

"You're just going to sit here and wait as your daughter fights for her life without her father?" the boy shouts again.

"Exactly." Nanami says plainly.

"Let her rot."