24.

As Yuji woke up, he didn't know what hit him. He remembered everything up until he was shot by the officer. He was mortified at how Sukuna treated you. Weeks of suppressing Sukuna for what? For him to traumatize you and reopen forgotten wounds.
Yuji had no concern for where Mahito might've gone. Afterall, Sukuna dif send him flying with one flick.

Itadori slowly tried getting up off of the glass covered floor, cutting himself with every movement of his body.

"Damnit!" he yelled, removing a piece of glass from his lip. "You'll pay for this, Sukuna." he growled as he limped out of your hospital room, leaning on the walls for support - smearing blood everywhere.

"Yuji!" he heard you yell in his mind. "YUJI!" he heard again. He had to get to you, to protect you, to explain.

"(Y/n)! Where are you?" he rasped, barely able to keep his eyes open. "(Y/-" Itadori mustered before falling to the floor.

An actual police officer - followed by paramedics - ran in Yuji's direction, aiming to get to (Y/n)'s room to catch a possible criminal who, in this case, would've been Yuji; flying through the window, Sukuna coming out and yelling, and the bit if damage that was done by Mahito trying to attack (Y/n).

"Hey, wait! Someone's hurt! He needs to be treated immediately!" the boy heard a paramedic say before blacking out.

"YUJI!!" Itadori jolted awake. "(Y/N)!" he shouted, shoving off the thin, white blanket lightly covering his body.

As he went to get out of the bed he found himself in, Yuji winced. He found it harder to move, his body tensing and his movement being slightly restricted.

"Hey there, hold on a sec. Don't be so quick to move." Yuji heard a voice say. "Take it easy, those stitches will tear open if you don't." the voice came a little closer from the corner of the room.

"G- Gojo?" Itadori asked, confused.

"What's up, Yuji? Long time no see." the said man waved, finally coming fully into view.

Itadori was more confused than upset but, still upset motherless. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he knew that he didn't want to see Gojo right now. Not after what Itadori had to do to you.

"What are you doing here Gojo. What's going on?" Yuji asked, looking around.

"Did you catch a little case of amnesia too?" Gojo chuckled. "You're in the hospital, Itadori."

Yuji didn't find Gojo's sly remark funny, knowing he was eluding to (Y/n). "I remember being in the hospital, I was here with (Y/n) when.." Itadori paused, not wanting to tell Gojo that Sukuna made an appearance. "Fushiguro called me to help exorcise a curse when.." Yuji gripped his pants. "Fushiguro was hurt and I couldn't just leave her. I.. I had to knock her out and when I went to fight, I ended up back here. I got thrown through her window and I can't remember anything else." he lied.

"So you can't remember Sukuna trying to violating your little friend and almost attacking an officer?" Gojo asked with a sinisterly dark tone.

Yuji's eyes widened. "Shit!" he screamed internally. "Gojo, I can explain-"

"Well if you don't remember then I can't grill you can I?!" Gojo asked with an aloof smile and high pitch voice.

Itadori sighed in relief, "I know he didn't actually buy that, did he?" he thought.

"Yuji, I can't actually tell if you're lying or not but, there on a hunt for whoever tried to violate (Y/n). The description fits Sukuna to a tee. I told you, things like this are the repercussions of switching with Sukuna. Now, there's set to be an investigation and charging of whoever broke into (Y/n)'s room. In other words, you'll be investigated and arrested if we don't fix this soon." Gojo said, switching back to a serious tone.

"Shit!" Itadori mumbled, internally panicking.

Gojo did feel bad seeing Itadori so stressed out, still bringing down the iron fist for Itadori's slip up. He was sick of it, but it's too late to turn back now. He's too deep in the act to just stop now.

"No worries, Yuji. I'm your legal guardian so that won't happen." he smirked. "Anyway about your fight: it was a special grade right? Is that why Megumi called?"

Yuji nodded. "Yea, it was Mahito. He was terrorizing a nearby prefecture so Fushiguro called me for backup."

"I see. So he found out about (Y/n), huh?"

"Yea." Yuji frowned.

"Huh, so that's what led him here. So after you were sent flying, I assume that's when you must've switched with Sukuna." he thought aloud, thumb and index finger pressed to his chin.

Gojo walked closer to Itadori, checking his wounds. "They told me that you had to get a lot of stitches but not really where."

"I do remember pulling some glass out of my lip." Itadori chimed.

"Yea, there are stitches there too." Gojo said, getting closer to Yuji's lip.

"Ah shit!" Itadori groaned, now wanting to check the rest of his body for stitches. Yuji had about 30 stitches in total: 3 on his lip, 5 on each kneecap, 7 across his torso, and 10 from his right arm to his shoulder.

Gojo and Yuji were in awe at how much damage Yuji took during the fight. Wondering about the beginning of the fight, he though of Megumi and Nobara and how they were probably dead because he couldn't switch with Sukuna at will.

Yuji fromed as tears welled in his eyes.

"Hey, why the long face, Yuji?" Gojo asked, getting close to Yuji's face again.

"I'm sorry, Gojo. I- I couldn't save Fushiguro and Kugisaki." the boy sniffled.

Gojo was confused. "That's nothing to cry over, Yuji. We can just go and visit them! Come on, let's go." Gojo said, pulling a wheelchair from the corner of the room.

"Go where, Gojo? They're.. dead."

Gojo laughed. "What type of fever dream did you have while you were unconscious, kid?" he asked, helping Yuji out of bed. "They're next door, silly."