48.

As the ambulance left with you, Yuji, and Megumi in it, Nanami sat wallowing in self pity and anger.

"Are you just gonna sit there and feel sorry for yourself or are you gonna be there for your daughter?"

Nanami ignored what he heard, curling into a ball on the ground.

"Answer me."

Nanami ignored the voice again, covering his ears.

"Don't ignore me, you bastard." the voice said semi playfully.

Nanami looked up, now wondering who he was hearing and why he wasn't dead yet.

The man raised to his feet confused about where the curse could've gone as he searched his surroundings.

"Up here." the voice said again.

"Gojo?" the man whispered as he saw his colleague floating above him.

"You're welcome for taking out that grade 2 curse." the man smirks, lowering himself to the ground.

"I didn't ask for your help, bastard. It should've eaten me too. Kaya's dead and (Y/n) is on death's door but honestly, this is all her fault." Nanami balls his fists.

Gojo frowns, "I heard what you said about your daughter, Nanami. That's not cool. I can't keep putting on this facade because of your problems with Sukuna and now that you've abandoned your daughter, I refuse to associate with you. I'm gonna treat Yuji how he should've been treated all along and tell him the reason behind it too." he says as he scoffs before walking away.

In the end, Nanami's left standing there with his daughter's and wife's blood everywhere and the memory of his wife's death plaguing him.

~

"Kento, run!" a voice yells as a young, frightened Nanami runs through the ruins of a village.

"Mom, no! Come back! Don't go!" the boy cries as he's being rescued by sorcerers.

"Stay back kid, she's dangerous." a sorcerer says as they shield the young Nanami from debris.

"Mom!" he cries more.

"That's not your mom anymore, kid, that's a curse in your mother's body." the sorcerer informs the boy.

"She just spoke to me! She told me to run! Besides, curses aren't real!" the boy protests.

"They're very real, kid and she's one of the most dangerous of them all." the sorcerer says before he's pierced through the torso with a spike.

"Wh-What's going on? Mom, what are you doing?" the boy backs away looking at his mother as she grows spikes from every inch of her body.

"Run kid, that thing's not your mom anymore. Get far away or she'll.. kill you.. too" the man warns the boy with his last breath as the mans blood pours out of him and onto the ground, covering Nanami's bare feet.

"Ahh!" the boy runs away screaming, covering his eyes and eventually falling, getting caught by the curse that used to be his mother.

"M-Mom!"