17.

You'd slept for almost 2 hours before a doctor came back in to examine your condition and make proper diagnoses. 

Most of your doctor's diagnoses were the same as before: a severe concussion and amenesia. Your breached heart artery was also healing up but it will take another 3 months to completely heal. You were also to attend one hour of speech therapy everyday and one hour of physical therapy every other day for 6 weeks.

An hour after your last examination, your parents came back.

*Knock knock*

"We're back, (Y/n)." your mother said as she entered your room with your father right behind her.

"We talked to your doctor about your last examination so you'll be starting speech therapy tomorrow. I also set you up an eye appointment for tomorrow right after therapy." Nanami said as he walked over to your bedside. "Here, use this to talk. Do you remember how to write?" he said as he gave you a pen and an empty notebook.

You wrote, "Yes.", to show him that you do.

"Great!" your mother cut in. "I can finally communicate with you!" she said with excitement in her eyes.

You smiled.

"Okay (Y/n), we'll be taking our leave. We plan to take the next couple days to jog your memory so for today why don't you take the time to get to know, Yuji." your father said as he gently patted your head.

You gave a thumbs up as you looked at Itadori.

"Bye, (Y/n)! Don't forget mom loves you!" your mother said as she gave you a hug before heading out of your room. Nanami followed her as he gave a wave.

"Oh come on, Nanami, this is so awkward!! What the hell am I supposed to say." Itadori thought as he squirmed uncomfortabley in his seat.

You began to write.

"Pink." you wrote in your notebook before turning it around to face itadori.

"Pink." he read aloud. "Yea, my hair is pink. Pretty strange, huh?"

You nodded.

"Is pink your favorite color?"

You shook your head.

"Can't remember." you wrote.

"Oh." Itadori frowned. "Got a favorite food?"

You shook your head again.

"She doesn't remember that either." Itadori thought.

"We'll have to find you one then!" itadori said enthusiastically. "Mine is a rice bowl with Tonkatsu and sea weed!"

You smiled.

"Time?" you wrote.

"It's uhh.." itadori started, turning around to look at the clock on the wall. "5:34 p.m."

"Dinner." you wrote.

"Oh shit, you haven't eaten yet!" Itadori said as he stood up quickly. "Hold up, be right back!" Itadori said running out of the room.

He cane back 10 minutes later with an assortment of food.

"Okay.." he said out of breath. "I brought some food for us."

Itadori placed a small tray of food on your lap as he pulled a chair up to your bed and placed his beside your feet.

The two of you began to eat in silence and you even caught Itadori staring a couple times.

You ate a small amount of your food before writing in your notebook again.

"Pink."

"She hit her head so hard that she's acting like a toddler." Itadori thought.

"Yea, pretty pink, huh?"

You nodded.

-

After (Y/n) finally stopped writing, 'pink', Itadori told you jokes that made you laugh so hard, milk shot out of your nose.

He also told you stories about him and his friends, Megumi and Kugisaki.

You had a great time getting to know Itadori and started to feel safer around him by the hour.

Eventually 3 weeks had passed and you had regained a good amount of memories including who your parents were and could think clear enough to form proper sentences. Naturally, you and itadori got closer and you even developed nicknames. Itadori started calling you 'Princess' after you curtsied getting out of bed with your hospital gown on, and you started calling him, 'Pinks' because of his hair color.

One night as you and itadori were talking about life after the hospital, he asked a pretty weird question.

"(Y/n).. do you.. remember me?"