42.

You woke up with a jolt, pain erupting in your chest as sweat poured down your face.
You looked down quickly to see an IV in your arm as the thin blanket that covered your upper body shifted to your legs.

Your mind raced with flashbacks as you thought about what happened before you passed out.

You heard a loud flush and the sound of running water before your mother burst through the bathroom door inside the hospital room you were put in.

"You're awake!" your mother said, running to you, overjoyed.

"What's going on?! Where's Yuji?!" you questioned.

Your mother stopped, looking down, "I don't know.." she mumbled.

You panicked a bit, shifting around as your mind raced more.

"I don't want you going after him either, (Y/n)." the woman mumbled again, walking closer as she gripped the sleeve of her left arm.

You looked up at her as you opened your mouth to speak but shut it again as she made eye contact with you.

"You got lucky (Y/n). You don't know how bad your injuries were when you first got here - it was awful. We can't have a repeat of that. Yuji Itadori is very capable of handling himself." your mother reminded you as she put a hand on your shoulder. "You didn't tear anything, but if you get worked up like that again, your condition could get way worse. You're still cleared to leave in a few days so just rest."

You took a quick breath as your mother removed her hand from your shoulder and walked to the door. "How long have I been out?"

The woman tilts her head as she contemplates lying to you, "About 2 hours." she informs. "I'm going to get some coffee so stay put."

You watch as your mother steps out of the door, making sure to close it.

"Come on (Y/n), you can do it!" you chant in your mind as more sweat pours from your face. ""JUST FUCKING DO IT ALREADY!!!" you scream to yourself as you rip the IV out of your arm as blood squirts everywhere.

Getting up is painful and you wince with every movement to the bathroom for a bandage. Of course you were back in a hospital gown so you quickly found a stash of clothes - a loose shirt and sweats that may or may not be Yuji's - before sneaking out of the room.

From the opposite end of the hall you could see your mother talking with your doctor, coffee in hand. You had to move fast.

It hurt way too much to run, but you did what you had to do to get to Yuji.

First, you created a distraction, breaking a mug that sat at an empty nurse station before removing your bandage and leaving a small bloody trail leading to the stairs, after that, you caught the elevator to the lobby, slipping out as to not be seen, before full on sprinting a couple blocks away.

Your injuries took a massive toll on you as you felt like dropping dead right then, your head spinning as your stomach knotted. You managed to grab your phone before leaving as you tried dialing Megumi - to no avail.

"Shit!" you grumbled, trying to call Nobara now.

"Hello?!" a nervous woman answered.

"Uhh, Nobara?!" you question. "It's (Y/n)."

"(Y/n)? What's going on? Where's Fushiguro? Is he with you?!" she kept questioning. She sounded as if she'd been crying.

"I-I'm not sure. Do you know where Yuji is?" you struggled to get out, feeling lightheaded.

"(Y/n), are you alright? Where are you right now?!" Nobara asked, sounding concerned.

"Shit on a stick! I didn't think about a possible meeting place or where to even go!" you scolded yourself.

"I don't know." you huffed, still out of breath. "Uhh, the sign says Hanaku Café."

"(Y/n), why'd you leave the hospital?! You're outside for the first time in months right?! You've gotta get used to the outside world again. I'm coming to meet you.. (Y/n).. (Y/n)..." Nobara started sounding fuzzy as a ringing erupted in your ears.

It was your first time being back outside - not in another room, teleporting to someone's house, or going to a different part of the hospital.

You're outside now, and damnit, you're not wearing those contacts.

。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

Hi everyone, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah!

I wanted to take the time to thank each and every person who's made it this far into the book and who will continue to read it!

Thank you all so much for your support and more importantly, thank you for 10k reads!!

I never thought my little fanfic would get this big, but thanks to you all, it has.

I appreciate all my comments and those that interact back with me! I also wanna thank Eating_Scaras_cum so much for all their support and awesome comments! Please go check out their stories as well because their comments mean so much to me and I want them to have as much support as they give! (⁠✯⁠ᴗ⁠✯⁠)

Thanks so much for your support and here's to another 42 chapters and another 10k! (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)