5

One of the pieces was bitten by Wen Long, so he twisted it with two fingers in disgust, and threw it into the trash can.

When Aunt Zhang came down the stairs and saw the things in his hands, she shouted loudly, "What are you holding in your hand?"

That shout had a somewhat deafening effect, and shocked Wen Ruan, who was still studying in the room. She hurriedly went out to see what was going on.

"Pastries," Yan Li raised his eyes slowly.

"Haven't I taught you anything? You can't take anything from the Wen House, including the leftovers from the lady's meal!" Aunt Zhang seemed to be excited to have caught a thief.

"She told me."

The young man didn't seem to notice the other people's strange gazes at all, and his tone was calm.

"Sister told you to take these pastries? What did you say?" Wen Ruan's face showed a little disbelief.

How could that be?

"She said I could have them," Yan Li gathered the snacks in his arms.

"Second miss, how can the eldest miss say such a thing..." After Aunt Zhang finished speaking, she suddenly realized that she had said something wrong.

Why was it not possible?

She seemed to be saying that Miss Wen Long was a bad-tempered and unkind person.

But Wen Ruan didn't realize what was wrong with what she said.

Wen Long's image in their eyes was almost ingrained.

"It's a bit... strange," she glanced at Yan Li secretly.

Classmate Yan Li, he... wouldn't steal something, would he?

"Should we... ask the eldest lady?" A servant who was watching the excitement carefully suggested.

As soon as these words came out, everyone including Aunt Zhang fell into a strange silence.

Looking for Wen Long? Was he joking?

They didn't want to make Wen Long unhappy for a newcomer and lose their jobs.

Just when everyone was silent, Wen Long's door suddenly opened.

The girl who came out of the door had a sullen look on her face.

"What are you arguing about?" Her cool eyes turned to Aunt Zhang who was the loudest.

Aunt Zhang shivered, and immediately explained, "Miss, it's the new servant. He actually stole the leftover pastries from your afternoon tea."

"He also lied that you gave him your permission."

"I didn't lie," Yan Li raised his head and looked at the person upstairs.

"You said I could have them."

"This..." Aunt Zhang looked at Wen Long as if asking for help.

"I did say that. Besides, he can take the leftover snacks in the future."

"Sister?" Wen Ruan's lips moved, still feeling incredible.

"From now on, you can have these leftovers..." The arrogant girl raised the corners of her lips mockingly, and lightly finished the second half, "Stupid."

Yan Li's knuckles tightened suddenly, and he pursed his lips.

There was a bit of unpleasant emotion on that stiff face, obviously he was very concerned about the word.

...

[I don't understand.]

Wen Long was lying on the white cashmere carpet reading a book, with her calves swaying back and forth comfortably.