Chapter 5: Fear

Tony, Aloisia and Pepper are on a private jet. Aloisia has her headphones on and is listening to her music. Her leg is bouncing anxiously. Her mind is full of her rushing thoughts. Tony's low chance at survival, her fear for the man, when she should tell someone about her true past. She wanted to help the people of earth but just didn't know how. Ivans attack has jolted her back to the reality and harshness of the universe, bringing back painful memories along with the fear for life on earth.

The Senator speaks from the TV "It's just unbelievable. It proves that the genie is out of the bottle and this man has no idea what he's doing. He thinks of the Iron Man weapon as a toy. I was at a hearing where Mr Stark, in fact, was adamant that these suits can't exist anywhere else, don't exist anywhere else, never will exist anywhere else, at least for five to ten years, and here we are in Monaco realising, "These suits exist now."

"Mute. He should be giving me a medal. That's the truth" Tony says walking into the room once more

"What is that?" Pepper asks, referring to the object in Tony's hand

"This is your in-flight meal" Tony replies

"Did you just make that?"

"Yeah. Where do you think I've been for three hours?"

"Tony, what are you not telling me?"

"I don't want to go home. At all. Let's cancel my birthday party and... We're in Europe. Let's go to Venice, Cipriani. Remember?" Tony says, Aloisia understands, Tony has no idea how to save himself. He is going to die. Aloisia tries to clasp her hands together to stop them from shaking. Her hands itch to hold something, to fiddle with a flip knife, spin a sword, anything. But Aloisia cant do that now, so her hands continue to shake slightly even in their clasped form

"Oh, yes"

"It's a great place to be healthy"

"I don't think this is the right time. We're in kind of a mess"

"Yeah, but maybe that's why it's the best time. 'Cause then we can-"

"Well, I think as the CEO I need to show up" Pepper cuts Tony off, she glances over to Aloisia, noticing her leg bouncing and hands shaking. This is a side to Aloisia that is rarely seen, the sophisticated, confident and composed Aloisia is usually seen. The anxious and upset Aloisia is hidden away most of the time. Pepper looks back at Tony, glancing towards Aloisia once more.

"As CEO, you are entitled to a leave" Tony offers Pepper

"A leave?"

"A company retreat"

"A retreat? During a time like this?"

"Just a ride. Well, I'm just saying, to recharge our batteries and figure it all out"

"Not everybody runs on batteries Tony" Pepper says, turning towards Aloisia once more. She can see that her brain is moving at a thousand miles an hour. Pepper gets up and walks over to the young woman, slowly sitting next to her.

Tony looks in her direction, he sees what Pepper saw minutes ago. That rare side of Aloisia. Tony feels a pang of guilt, he does need to be more careful.

With her music blasting in her ears, Aloisia doesn't notice Pepper approach, nor her her gently say her name. Aloisia's eyes are closed so she doesn't see the change in the environment around her. Only when she feels a gentle tap on her shoulder does she jump up, he muscles tense as he fists clench and arms raise. Snapped out of her thoughts and back to reality Aloisa is met with Peppers concerned expression and Tony's guilty eyes.

"Sorry" Aloisia mutters. Regaining her composure. Pepper places a gentle hand on her still bouncing leg. Aloisia takes her headphones off.

"Are you alright?" Pepper asks concerned. Even though Aloisia is supposed to be a bodyguard, she has taken the role of Tony and Peppers daughter, even if none of them realise it they care for her as she was their child.

"Yeah, sorry. Just thinkin' about - never mind. I really need to go on a run" Aloisia mutters, cutting herself off.

"Okay, we are here if you need anything" Pepper reminds the girl who only nods in response.

——— . ———

The jet finally lands, Aloisia makes her way to her room and changes into some running clothes. Some lose leggings, a sports bra and sports shirt and her running shoes, then makes her way put of the building. She puts her running earbuds in and begins to just run. Pepper had let the girl off for the afternoon so she was free to run for however long she wanted to.

Aloisia goes through every thought in her mind and calms it down, her music plays loudly in her ears as she begins to increase her speed. Aloisia takes in her surroundings while running, spotting the little details normally missed. Like the gentle imprint of a boot placed in the grass. Or the small smiley face carved on one of the small stones by her feet.

After a few hours Aloisia runs back, to Tony's house. Catching Natalie getting out of her car. deciding to speak to the woman Aloisia jogs over to her. "Hello Natalie" Aloisia smiles, the name rolling of her tongue beautifully.

"Your British?" Natalie realises, she had heard her talk to Tony in Monaco but hadn't been paying enough attention to how she spoke. There were also many other voices talking loudly in the room they were in.

"Something like that" Aloisia answers vaguely. "Sorry if seemed rude, I prefer to observe sometimes rather than talk" Natalie understands that Aloisia is talking about when she first arrived at Stark Industries.

"So have you finished observing?" Natalie asks, curious about the woman.

"I'm not completely sure" Aloisia responds with a smile. Natalie offers her one in return. Taking in her appearance. Her beautiful and silky brown hair is tied up in a high ponytail, her mysterious grey eyes hold secrets that Natalie cant figure out and her face is unreadable. The graceful and charming smile is gently placed upon her lips. Her body seems strong and made for battle. She is absolutely breathtaking. Her Beauty was obvious but now that Natalie has had the proper opportunity to speak to her, Natalie can really take it in.

"Bye" Natalie says after chuckling, pausing at the end, waiting for a name. Aloisia realises she never gave her one.

"Aloisia. Bye Natalie" Aloisia waves before walking away, into the building. Leaving Natalie to follow.

Aloisia returns to her room and changes into simple trousers and a shirt. She then goes in search for Tony. She finds him with Natalie in one of his rooms. Natalie is leaving as Aloisia walks in. The pair offer each other a smile before parting.

"Tony, do you have any idea of what you are going to do?" Aloisia asks, referring to Tony's poison situation.

Tony finishes his drink before responding "I will" he says

"But do you have a solution now was the question. Yes or No? Tony. Okay" Aloisia says, she need a proper answer to her question. Not something vague, even though she already knows what the man is going to say.

"No. Im sorry Sia" Tony offers, not sure what else to say. A single tear escapes from Aloisia's eye, no matter how hard she tried she couldn't keep it in. Tony goes over to her and offers her a hug to which she accepts.

"Please think of something Tony. Don't give up. Pepper would miss you so much, she really cares for you Tony. And honestly, I'm not sure what I would do if you weren't here" Aloisia says sadly. Wiping her eyes.

"I'll try my best. You can help. But its my birthday first" Tony said smirking.

"Please don't do anything Stupid" Aloisia requests

"I will make no such promises Sia" Tony says, his smirk widening as Aloisia sighs, knowing he is telling the truth.