Chapter 5: Desperate

Dozens of SHIELD agents escort Loki, who is in handcuffs, smiling. As they pass the lab in the ship Banner stops working on the sceptre and looks up. Loki eyes him as he walks, nodding and smiling. Banner rubs his eyes.

Loki is now free from his cuffs and is contained in a large glass cell held by hydraulic rigs . Fury walks up the control panel of the cell.

"In case it's unclear. You try to escape. You so much as scratch that glass"

Fury presses a button which open up a hatch underneath Loki's cell. Loki peers as much as he can from the glass. Without seeing, the sounds of gushing wind give anyone the idea of what could happen, Loki does not seem phased.

"Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?"Fury closes the hatch. Points at Loki. "Ant" Then points at the button which would drop Loki into the steel trap. "Boot"

Loki smirks "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me"

"Built for something a lot stronger than you"

"Oh, I've heard" Loki replies, looking into the camera watching him, that Natasha, Aloisia, Bruce, Thor and Steve watch, or listen to the men talk.

"The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki says grinning.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did"

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is." Loki mutters, seemingly finding the situation amusing.

"Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something" Fury says smiling. He then walks off leaving Loki in his glass cell. Loki looks back at the camera, smirking.

Steve watches until the monitor goes black. Thor, who didn't even look, just listened, stands there, torn apart. They all just stand there in stunned silence until Bruce speaks up.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce mutters

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?"

Thor separates himself from his thoughts and replies "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract"

"I've heard of the Chitauri, mindless creates that work with a hive mind. But thats all I really know" Al explains

"An army? From outer space?" Steve mutters

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for" Bruce asks

"Selvig?" Thor asks, recognising the name

"He's an astrophysicist" Banner explains

"He's a friend"

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours" Natasha explains, Aloisia knows exactly who she is talking about

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here" Steve mutters

"There must be something here that he wants otherwise he would have resisted his capture" Aloisia says

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him" Bruce says, Aloisia knows he is wrong and that Loki must have a well thought out plan. He isn't stupid.