Chapter 8: Falcon

Aloisia and Steve walk a little while before finding another car they can take. Aloisia still has Natasha in her arms as the woman has not yet woken. "I'll go in the back with Natasha, you drive. But next time I'm in the front" Aloisia says, earning a smile from Steve at her comment.

"Fair deal" Steve jokes, smiling. Aloisia sits Natasha in the seat next to her while she gets into the car, once she has sat down she pulls Nat's head onto her lap, gently brushing Nat's bright her out of her beautiful face. Steve watches through the mirrors with a smile, he can see straight away how much the women care for each other.

"What's your plan Steve?" Aloisia asks, looking away from Natasha and towards Steve once more.

"Im not completely sure. I was thinking of going to sam?" Steve says, offering Aloisia her say, wondering if she has a better plan.

"If you're sure you can trust him, I'll trust you" Aloisia admits, Steve nods with a smile and begins to drive. "Do you think he'll let you in?"

"Im captain America, he's kind of a fan, I'm hoping he also picks up on how rough we look. And we can say something about people killing us. He'd look really rude if he didn't let us in" Steve says, Aloisia chuckles to herself.

"Im not used to this side of you Stevie. That ego of yours" Aloisia jokes

"Stevie?" Steve asks smiling.

"I need a nickname for you, that's the best i can come up with. It makes me laugh" Al explained smiling. Steve nods, chuckling with her.

"Will you be comfortable explaining to Sam that you're not from earth? I know you were reluctant to tell us" Steve asks, Aloisia smiles at his kindness.

"I'll be okay, sam seems like a good enough person, I hope he doesn't judge. Even if sam lets us in what are we going to do after that?" Al asks.

"We'll figure something out" Steve says, they both hope that if they can get some rest and something to eat they migh be able to come up with something. Natasha may also be able to help them once she wakes up.

Aloisia finds herself checking Natasha's breathing every few minutes, she hopes Natasha isn't internally bleeding or has any other internal damage. Just before Al can enter a spiral about Natasha's safety, a gently groan comes from the woman in her lap as she begins to stir.

"Tasha?" Al gently whispers, Nat slowly sits up, Aloisia supporting her back.

"Where, where are we going?" Natasha groans, Aloisia gives her a reassuring smile.

"Im driving us to Sam's, the runner me and Al saw" Steve explains, Natasha hums and leans against Aloisia's shoulder, closing her eyes once more. Al smiles, she can accept Steve calling her Al, and she'll keep calling him Stevie.

"I'll wake you when we get there Nat" Aloisia says gently.

——— . ———

Steve and Aloisia quietly talk as they drive, eventually arriving at Sam's. Aloisia gently taps Natasha, who wakes quickly, the group get out of the car. Steve helps support Natasha as she is still feeling some of the bruises and pain from the explosion.  returning home from his morning run Sam hears a knock at his door, he opens the door to see Steve, Natasha and Al

"Hey, man" Sam says, slightly confused, he gives all three of them a concerned look

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low" Steve speaks, genuinely sorry.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us" Sam pauses a moment before replying

"Not everyone"

"Thanks Sam" Aloisia says as Sam let's them enter.