Chapter 11: New Job

Tony and Aloisia are in a building. Tony is inside sitting at a table while Aloisia is stood next to him. The SHIELD logo is on the projections around him along with some other images.

Tony Picks up file. AVENGERS INITIATIVE PREMLIMIARY REPORT is on the front.

Nick Fury enters while looking and stops him opening it, placing a hand on the file.

"I don't think I want you looking at that. I'm not sure it pertains to you anymore. Now this on the other hand, is Agent Romanoff's assessment of you. Read it" Fury says, handing tony the file, Aloisia leans over his shoulder ready to read it too.

Tony reads "Personality overview. Mr Stark displays compulsive behaviour." He can't deny it so says "In my own defence, that was last week. "'Prone to self-destructive tendencies.' I was dying. I mean, please. Aren't we all? 'Textbook narcissism'? Agreed. Okay, here it is. 'Recruitment assessment for Avenger Initiative. Iron Man? Yes.' I gotta think about it." Tony says

"Read on"

"'Tony Stark not... Not recommended?' That doesn't make any sense. How can you approve me but not approve me? I got a new ticker. I'm trying to do right by Pepper. I'm in a stable-ish Fury walks round and rests against the table by Tony's chair.

"Which leads us to believe at this juncture we'd only like to use you as a consultant" Tony stands and offers his hand. The two shake each others hand.

Clasping his other hand on top of Fury's Tony says "You can't afford me" he goes to leave, but turns around again. "Then again, I will waive my customary retainer in exchange for a small favour. Rhodey and I are being honoured in Washington and we need a presenter"

"I'll see what I can do"

"Do I get an assessment?" Aloisia asks.

"No but Romanoff told me to give you this" he says, handing Aloisia a piece of a paper, Aloisia unfolds it to find two numbers, one labelled Fury and one Labelled Natasha. "Our numbers, if you need us"

In Washington Stern is talking to Tony and Rhodey "It is my honour to be here today to present these distinguished awards to Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes and Mr Tony Stark, who is, of course, a national treasure. Thank you Lieutenant Colonel, for such and exceptionally distinguished performance. You deserve this." He says, pinning Rhodeys medal

"Thank you sir"

"Mr Stark. Thank you for such as exceptionally distinguished performance. You deserve this" Tony winces as the he is hit with the pin "Oh, sorry. Funny how annoying a little prick can be, isn't it? Let's get a photo" Stern says.

Aloisia had remained unknown and unnamed, her identity was hidden and no one had any clue where she had gone so she was safe.

——— . ———

Aloisia arrives back at Tony's mansion. Laying her bed she debates texting Natasha, there is no way that she would text Fury if there wasn't an emergency but she might get away with texting Natasha.

Hello Natasha.
I know there is no emergency
And I don't know if spies have or want friends
But I was wondering whether you wanted a coffee?
And I am always here if needed :)

Aloisia finishes the message with a smiley face before sending it. She was unsure of what response she was going to get. She was expecting something between 'No this number is only for emergency's' or 'fine'. But other than that Aloisia had no idea of what Natasha would say.

Alright
There is an ice coffee shop around here.
I'll send you the address
When are you available.
I can do Sunday?