Chapter 4: Project Insight

Aloisia and Steve head inside The Triskelion, S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters; they both walk into Fury's office. Aloisia is fed up with the man, Tony had said Fury was a liar when they first met and it seems everyone had forgotten about that. Aloisia knew Fury was a man with good intentions, but the way he delivered his ideas wasnt the best.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" Steve announces his presence to Fury, who looks up

"I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours" Fury replies

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share"

"I'm not obliged to do anything"

"Nat could have become hurt, no one knew of her separate mission. So no one could have helped her if they needed to. You put everyone at risk" Aloisia says bitterly.

"Those hostages could've died, Nick" Steve adds, he is still frustrated at Nat for lying, Aloisia understands Nat was following Fury's orders, so her anger is much more focused at him.

"I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen. And a well trained Alien"

"Im not just some 'Alien' that came to earth to do your bidding. And I'm not just well trained either. You know that" Aloisia argues. She can tell Nick still doesn't really trust her, she knows after New York all Aliens have been deemed a great threat.

"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns" Al can tell Steve runs on trust and honesty and Fury broke Steves trust.

"The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything"

"That comes with risks Nick, you put everyone in danger. Something much worse could have happened than a grenade going off, you need to understand that. Any one of us could have been seriously hurt"

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their owns"

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all"

"Except you"

"cause you are the only one that gets to know everything, aren't you?" Aloisia asks.

"You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that" Fury's says, getting into a lift, Aloisia and Steve following behind.

"Insight bay" Fury announces

"Captain Rogers and Miss Feignior do not have clearance for Project Insight" the computer speaks

"Director override, Fury, Nicholas J"

"Confirmed" The computer replies the lift starts moving down as silence ensues among the group.

Steve breaks the quiet "You know, they used to play music"

"Yeah. My grandfather operated one of these things for forty years. My granddad worked in a nice building, he got good tips" Nick looks up

"He'd walk home every night, roll of ones stuffed in his lunch bag. He'd say "hi", people would say hi back. Time went on, neighborhood got rougher. He'd say "Hi", they'd say, "Keep on steppin'. Granddad got to grippin' that lunch bag a little tighter"

"Did he ever get mugged?" Steve asks, Aloisia only listens, having nothing to say. No one experienced things like that on her planet. Their only threat was people from other planets.

"Every week some punk would say, "What's in the bag?""

"What did he do?"

"He'd show 'em. Bunch of crumpled ones and loaded .22 Magnum" Fury smiles "Granddad loved people. But he didn't trust them very much"