Chapter 7: Hydra

Aloisia, Natasha and Steve pull up to outside an abandoned military base where the signal led them to. Natasha holds up a device looking around, Aloisia and Steve wonder around trying to see if they can spot anything suspicious. Aloisia creates a small entry point to the shadow realm, reaching into the portal to grab a dagger before closing it again. Clenching the dagger tightly in case its needed. Her fire abilities may be powerful but that can bring too much attention, especially at night, they create light that could alert Shield to their presence.

"This is it" Steve mutters, his shield in hand

"The file came from these coordinates" Nat says, nothing obvious sticks out as suspicious

"So did I" Steve says as they walk around the base trying to pinpoint where the signal came from "This camp is where I was trained" Steve explains

"Changed much?" Nat asks

"A little" he admits

"It has been, what? 60 years. Im not surprised" Aloisia says offering Steve a reassuring smile.

"This is a dead end. Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off" Nat explains, yet Steve notices a building ahead of them "What is it?" as they walk over to the building

"Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place" Steve opens the lock with his shield and they enter inside, when they turn on the lights they notice it's a SHIELD office

"This is SHIELD"

"Or at least what is used to be" Al adds

"Maybe where it started" they enter a room where they find old framed portraits of Howard Stark, Peggy and Col. Chester Phillips

"There's Stark's father" Aloisia considers asking more about him, she feels no matter how well she knows tony, he will always withhold information about his family. Aloisia understands what happened to him, yet she wishes to know what he was like. 

"Howard"

"Did you know him well?" Aloisia asks, understanding it must be hard to wake up and know your friend is dead, and his son, who was always jealous of you, is left. Steve nods.

"Who's the girl?" Natasha asks, Al knows that Natasha doesn't need to ask that question. Steve doesn't reply and turns away to walk further down the room and stops by a massive book shelf

"If you're already working in a secret office..." he pushes the books shelf and slides open to reveal an elevator behind it "Why do you need to hide the elevator?" Natasha scans the number pad and puts the in the right combination to allow them to go down the elevator. The group are taken to a room with old computers. After some moments of darkness the lights flicker, before fully lighting up the room.

"Was this what technology used to look like?" Aloisia asks, she only came to earth in 2010, so had little information about technology beyond that, she had heard little about past technology, especially living with tony who was all about the future and greater developments.

"In Steve's time, yeah. This can't be the data-point, this technology is ancient" Natasha notices a small flash drive port, she places the flash drive in it which then activates the ancient computer in the room. More lights turn on, showing the full size of the room and all of the old technology present. The group look around, confused.

"Initiate system?" The computer system offers, Natasha types using the keyboard

"Y-E-S, spells yes" Natasha smiles as the old computer starts to cranks up "Shall we play a game?" She turns to Steve, feeling the need to explain "It's from a movie that..."