9

It took 77 a long time to confirm that the glass separating him from 76 was unbreakable.

    After that, he didn't make this useless attempt again.

    The accident happened one afternoon many years later, and 77, who had not restrained his strength, patted the glass separating the corridor with his tail.

    The glass, which was supposed to be indestructible, soon revealed a spider web of cracks.

    "What's that?" Mermaid No. 65 who emerged from the pool propped up his upper body with both hands on the ground, staring at the cracked glass.

    77 turned around, bent down to get closer, and touched the glass surface that was no longer smooth with one hand.

    Soon he straightened up again, took a few steps back, and once again slapped his tail vigorously on the position where the crack had originally appeared.

    "Kacha"

    the glass in front of him was completely broken, glass shards fell all over the ground, and a few small pieces of glass shards rubbed against 77's tail before it could be retracted in time, drawing a few tiny bloodstains.

    But 77 no longer cared about the pain on his tail, he stretched out his hand, paused for a moment where the glass originally existed, and then continued to move forward, reaching out without hindrance.

    77 withdrew his hand, lowered his head to look at his hands seriously, raised his head after a while, and looked at the slightly larger pieces of glass that were crumbling on the ground with a strange gaze.

    The sound of glass breaking soon sounded beside him, 77 turned his head sideways, and saw 76 walking towards him through the broken glass.

    76's tail swept away the shards of glass on the ground, and he stopped in front of 77, his brows and eyes relaxed, and the corners of his mouth tried to rise, as if to show a smile.

    77 stretched out one hand to cover his eyes, and the other hand smoothed the slightly raised corners of his mouth.

    The other experimental subjects in the third district were already excited at this moment, and the sound of glass breaking kept ringing in their ears. The experimental subjects who crossed the glass and reached the corridor were extremely excited, their limbs slapped the ground, and they yelled loudly, waiting to get out from behind the gate. what to do.

    A pipe popped out from the ceiling at some point, and a sweet smell came out continuously from it. 77 began to feel the sluggishness of movements, accompanied by sudden sleepiness.

    77 also heard the approaching footsteps of the researchers outside the gate of the third district, and he wrapped his own tail around another black tail, just like they did when they were children. Then he put his forehead against 76's shoulder.

    77 quickly closed his eyes under drowsiness, and before he lost consciousness, he left a sentence in 76's ear like a warning: "Don't laugh." ——Although the first escape of the experimental

    subject

    occurred Suddenly, but in the end, the researchers successfully locked all the experimental subjects back.

    But after that time, the subjects were no longer willing to stay peacefully in the glass room. Even if they tried and couldn't break the glass temporarily, they would not give up. Instead, choose to wait, and try again after your strength grows.

    Since then, the experimental subjects have escaped from prison more than 20 times, but limited by the gate of the third district, they have not successfully left the scope of the third district.