32

"I don't understand..." Claire sat by the table, holding the teacup in both hands. The tea here in Mendori is always very hot, and the skin that touches the teacup quickly turns red, but Claire still didn't let go. It's like trying to draw a little warmth from it.

    "Alisa, Erlo, Olaer..." He counted the researchers who died directly or indirectly at the hands of the experimental subjects over the years, his voice was very soft, "So, they didn't have to die, right? Mendry

    looked at him without denying it.

    "Why..." Claire scratched his hair in a breakdown. He had more or less acquaintance with the researchers here, so he felt even more uncomfortable for their deaths.

    Mendry looked at him. After realizing that Claire knew a lot of things that he shouldn't know, he didn't think about using a lie full of loopholes to hide him. A lie is not foolproof, and it will always be exposed one day.

    "Because the experiment has to continue." Mendry said, "We need a sufficiently stable environment, and anxiety and fear are the most contagious emotions." "So I can only subtly brainwash everyone over and over again, the

    experiment The body is not smart enough, and all casualties come from experimental accidents."

    Mendley leaned back in his chair: "Do you know? Human nature is blind obedience. Most of the time, they will choose to remain silent and observe the surrounding People’s reactions, and then choose an answer that they think is consistent with everyone.”

    The planet where the laboratory is located is like an isolated island, with too simple interpersonal relationships, repetitive work day after day, and little communication with the outside world. The number of times will make them firmly believe in the "group consciousness" in the crowd, and it is difficult to realize the abnormality.

    "It's very difficult for people in groups to think in this situation. It just takes one voice to tell them that's what everyone thinks, and they'll be convinced," Mendry said. "Humans are wired to chase

    . Some things, the primitive society pursued the sun, the earth era pursued the universe..."

    "I want money, power, fame...but you have to pay the price. There are quarrymen who collect star sand all year round on the edge of the Kik galaxy. Every year, countless quarrymen die in cosmic storms at the edge of the galaxy, and this is the price. But it does not prevent countless people from taking the ticket to the Kik galaxy without hesitation every year in order to get rich overnight. "

    "When you first entered the laboratory, you told me that you hoped that one day your name would be written on the honorary alumni of your alma mater, Emperor Star First Academy." "You also want enough credit points

    , Take your younger sister out of the quagmire-like original family together." "

    If the experiment is successfully announced to the world, it will be the greatest discovery of this era, and your name can even be recorded in a book and passed down to the next generation. Era."

    Claire raised her head and stared at him blankly.

    Mendry continued: "But if you give up all the experimental subjects at the beginning, you can't even take your sister away." "

    I remember that she married someone in Emperor Star and had a child, and her husband treated her well." Very good. If the experiment had stopped, she would have been sold to an old man by your gambling father a few years ago."

    Mendry raised his head after finishing speaking, and asked him: "I remember right?"

    " It’s not just you, what’s the difference between other people?” He smiled when he said this, “Even if he knew that the Starstone experiment was illegal, he still joined in without hesitation.”