44

76 and 77 were stunned in the rain for a while, and finally moved towards the woods together with a few small animals that had no time to hide from the rain.

The broad leaves covered the raindrops above the head, and the leaves above the head were shaken around, and the rainwater trickled down the veins of the leaves, forming transparent curtains.

77 curiously stretched out a hand, passed through the curtain, and caught the rain falling from the sky. The palm of his hand was soon filled with rainwater, forming a shallow pit.

He looked at the rainwater in his hand, and still couldn't help but exclaimed to 76 in a novel tone: "It's water!"

--The

rain came very quickly, and it stopped after a while.

After the heavy rain, everything seemed to be washed by water, clean and clear, the dark clouds dispersed, and the sky became bright again.

77's tail was touched by something, he lowered his head and looked in that direction, and found that a small bug crawled out of the wet soil, and then climbed onto his tail.

Different kinds of birds on the tree lowered their heads and combed their feathers, then spread their wings, shook the rainwater off their bodies, made a crisp cry, and then flew to the sky again.

And many small animals on the ground also slowly came out of their nests and started to move around. Everything was full of vitality.

77's eyes followed them for a while, then he turned his head to look at 76, with a hint of uncertainty in his tone: "Maybe we also need a lair?"

--For

the two snakes, they have enough time and energy To complete these sudden ideas.

Although it was just a sudden thought, the more the two snakes thought about it, the more it made sense. Compared with the hard tree trunks, the nests made of hay and feathers for those birds are obviously much softer and more comfortable.

After finishing their lunch, the two highly mobile snakes selected a few birds and followed them.

But it's almost autumn, and the breeding season has already passed, and birds that don't need to court and brood have no idea of ​​building a nest at all.

76 and 77 squatted behind them for several days, but failed to see what they wanted to see.

76 and 77, who had nothing to gain, finally decided to try it themselves after observing the structure of some bird's nests.

They first started collecting twigs and blades of grass, and some curious subjects asked what they were doing, and after asking clearly, they also joined in.

"Put the thick branches on the outside, put the thinner branches on the inside, and put the blades of grass on the inside..." 77 put the prepared materials on in order, and whispered beside him.

But obviously they didn't show their talents in this aspect. The nests they built were loose and loose, with strange long branches extending around the branches, passing through layers of grass leaves, and protruding at the end of 77's nest. in.

77 stretched out his hand and broke off the branch directly, and the tail behind him slapped the ground quickly, showing a bit of irritability.

A fluffy head emerges from the loose gaps in the grass blades, holding the grass seeds torn from the grass stems in its two paws, and its mouth is moving, chewing the fresh grass blades collected by 77.

77's tail turned around, and slapped vigorously on the pile of grass, leaves, and branches, directly smashing it to pieces. After a few "clicks", he raised his head a little annoyed, and turned towards 76. look over.

Not far from him, there was also a finished product that was not much different from 77 beside 76. He touched his nose and swept the pile of things behind him with his tail: "Actually, you don't have to live in a tree... ..."

--Although

the idea of ​​building a nest in a tree was given up, the idea of ​​finding a fixed nest that can shelter from wind and rain for the two snakes has not been dispelled.

Sleeping directly on a tree is not very comfortable. Digging underground is feasible, but both human and snakes have long tails, which is a lot of work, and living underground is not convenient for seeing the sun and the moon.

After 76 and 77 followed their prey into a cave, they set their sights on the cave.

It can block the wind and rain, and has a lot of space. There is also a large lake nearby, which can satisfy their occasional desire to soak in the water.

There are still a lot of grass leaves collected. After deciding to move into this cave, 77 brought them here. He always cherishes all the things he got after leaving the laboratory, and remembers all the small objects clearly. Clearly, he counted all the items he had hoarded and brought them with him when he moved them into the cave.

The blades of grass were piled up by 77 and placed in a corner of the cave. He remembered that many animals he saw would sleep on the blades of grass, so he also tried to lie down on the blades of grass spread on the ground.

But as he lay down, the undried fresh grass blades were crushed by his weight, and the green juice stained his body and tail with a sticky feeling.

When 76 came back with his prey, he saw 77 frowning and rubbing the scales on his tail with his hands, but there was still a light layer of green on it, which made his tail look much darker after being stained with mud.

76 Thinking of the nearby lake, he put down the prey tied to his tail: "Shall we go soak in the water for a while after eating?" --After the two

snakes

finished eating, the sky had already darkened, and the moon had At the treetops, after the full moon, the moon slowly became "thin" again. After the initial novelty, the experimental subjects had already calmed down about this phenomenon.

The lake under the night is like a mirror, reflecting the starry sky, the shadows of the surrounding trees, and two human snakes that are very close.

On one side of the lake, there is a raised rock that extends out and hangs a small piece above the lake.

77 jumped down from this position and smashed a pool of moonlight. 77, who hadn't soaked in the water for a long time, dived down with his tail coiled on the bottom of the lake, motionless.

However, 76 did not follow up quickly after entering the water, but stayed on the lake for a while.

After a few minutes, another face was close to 77's. 76 opened his mouth, and soon a string of air bubbles appeared, floating upward to the surface of the water.

77's tail was touched lightly, he looked at 76 suspiciously, and then heard 76 seriously ask: "Do you like the moon?" 77 didn't know why

, but still nodded.

His arm was gently pulled by 76, following 76's strength, 77 quickly followed him to float up, exposing his upper body on the water.

76 pulled him to swim to the center of the lake, where the moon was reflected.

He held a handful of water with his hands, and a crescent moon inside was lifted up with his movements, shaking carefully in his palm, shining with tiny pieces of light.

The "moon" was sent to 77 by 76: "Now it is yours."

77 blinked his eyes, and looked down at the "moon" that was still shaking in 76's palm. As the lake water flowed from 76's fingers, The water level of the "moon" was getting lower and lower. After 77 passed by, the moon was blocked and only 77's reflection remained.

77 glanced down, then pointed to the "77" inside and said to 76: "Now 77 is yours too."