28

After Carlo came, Kathy sent a lot of people to study the clone of No. 157, but none of the clones could successfully survive to remove the nutrition chamber.

    Mendry complained slightly about this. After No. 150, the newborn hatchlings were all tentacles. Under their control, the hatchlings newly moved to the hatching room were somewhat similar in appearance to 157. .

    Mendry thought this was a big breakthrough, and he tried to convince Kathy, but Kathy thought that there were too many uncontrollable variables in the process of each experimental body being affected by the starstone at the embryonic stage, and it was not as good as a clone Comes easily and quickly.

    But obviously, for a long time, they will stick to their own ideas, but they can't convince each other.

    ——The

    cub obviously didn't know the expectations that Mendley poured on him. Except for the "mother" who came to check on its development from time to time, the cub was talking to 157 more often.

    "What does it look like outside when you open your eyes?" the hatchling couldn't help asking 157 out of curiosity.

    157 looked around: "It's a white wall, there are lights on the ceiling, the liquid in the nutrition warehouse is blue, and there is a layer of glass separating it from the outside world..." "What is white? What is blue

    ? Color?"

    "Nutrition warehouse is where I stay."

    "What is the ceiling?"

    "Why can the lamp illuminate? What is glass?"

    The larvae who hadn't opened their eyes asked a series of questions after she finished speaking. question, and then fell silent again, earnestly waiting for 157's answer.

    The poor 157 thought for a while, and finally could only tell it dryly: "You will be able to see it when you open your eyes.

    "

    It changed the question: "So what are you like?"

    "I..." 157 looked down at himself, ignoring concepts such as color that he could not explain clearly to the hatchling, "I have thirteen tentacles..." "I also have tentacles!" The hatchling in the next-door incubation room was

    happy Waving his tentacles in the nutrient solution, "I have eight."

    "Then what do you see of me?"

    But 157 told it: "I haven't seen your appearance yet."

    "Oh, is that so? ?” The larva was lost for a while, and then quickly cheered up again, “When I come out of the nutrition warehouse, you will see me soon.” 157 echoed

    its words, and then tried to calculate based on its own experience The time when the larvae leave the nutrient chamber.

    But she thought about it, she had already opened her eyes at this time, but the juveniles hadn't opened their eyes yet, maybe the situation of different experimental subjects was different, 157 thought so.

    And the hatchling has moved on to the next question: "What is 'mother' like? How many tentacles does he have, does he look like us?" However, he heard 157 tell himself: "Mom" has no tentacles, and has long tentacles

    . It's not like them either.

    After answering the question of the young body, 157 was unconsciously distracted for a moment, and a sudden thought flashed in his mind, "Mom" doesn't love me, is it because I don't look similar to her?