22

No. 157 once again followed Alisa to the third district, which is no longer a novelty for the experimental subjects.

    157's growth rate far exceeded the laboratory's initial estimate, and now it needs to lower its head slightly when entering and exiting some rooms.

    The experimental subjects looked at her growing body and knew that the date for her to be left in the third district was approaching.

    But 157 obviously forgot what the other subjects mentioned to her when she came to the third district for the first time. She still followed Alyssa step by step. Tentacles forgot about the pain.

    After entering the third district, 157 slowed down a little bit, and Alisa was also happy to see her establish a good relationship with other experimental subjects.

    "These are your future neighbors." Alyssa reached out and touched her head, and said in an encouraging tone, "Go and communicate with them more." 157 lowered his head slightly, and the first one she

    chose One communication partner is 35. But 35 is much shorter than other subjects, and she is not even as tall as the researcher.

    "I don't understand." 157's tentacles twisted around like knots, "What is love?"

    35 blinked and told her seriously: "Love is pain."

    157 tried to get to the bottom of it: "Why What about it?"

    35 looked at her with a look of "you don't understand this": "Because what 'Mom' gives you is pain."

    She asked 157: "Or, do you think that 'Mom' doesn't love you at all? Do you?"

    One of 157's tentacles subconsciously entangled Alisa's ankle, almost tripping the researcher who was walking forward, she glanced down, then smiled helplessly, knelt down and stretched out her hand to gently pat Pat the tentacles wrapped around the feet.

    "Relax," she said softly, "You're about to trip me up."

    157 looked at No. 35 again, trying to get an affirmative answer: "She loves me, right?"

    ——After

    leaving the third district, Alisa returned to the hatching area.

    There are still some materials related to 157 in the incubation room, and she intends to reorganize and modify them. Naturally, 157 followed her footsteps and returned to the incubation room where she was born.

    She hasn't been here for a while, 157 looked at the furnishings in the hatching room, the nutrition cabin, which was very big for her and could swim freely, is now a small one compared to her, 157 quietly I gestured to the side, probably only able to fit a third of myself, and it would be full.

    While Alisa was sorting out the materials, Jonathan pushed open the door of the incubation room.

    "When I came here, I saw that the door of this incubator was half-opened. I guess you opened the door and walked in."

    Alisa raised her head and glanced at him: "How did you come here? Did it go well?"

    Jonathan He dragged a chair over and sat down, propping his chin with one hand: "It didn't go very well."

    He sighed: "You know, the problem has always been that the direction of the mutation guided by the star stone is completely uncontrollable."

    "Before the development is complete, no one knows what it will grow into in the end."