Chapter 37

Nobuhle's Pov

The room went silent. What the hell is he doing here? Does he want round 2 of Lizwi's iron fists that landed him in hospital for 3 weeks? He had a conniving smile on his face. This party was strictly friends and family only. What is he doing here? He walked towards me. Sandile and Muzi stood up and met him halfway. Thando told all the kids to go and play and we would call him when we were done. They ran out, and as soon as they were gone, Sandile grabbed Caleb by his collar and put him against the wall.

Sandile: What the fuck do you want here?

Jeremy stood up also and went to them, ready to attack. Kayla tried to stop him, but he wouldn't hear none of it. Caleb raised his hand up for him to stop. Jeremy stopped, and Caleb spoke.

Caleb: I came in peace

Muzi: Take your peace and get out. We do not want it.

Caleb: I just came to deliver my gift and then leave.

I turned to Lizwi, and he was looking at Caleb in such a murderous way. If we weren't here, I think Caleb would be dead by now.

Muzi: awuzwa yini ngithe hamba (didn't you hear me I said leave)

Caleb: I will leave after giving her my gift.

Sandile: Leave before I give you round two, which will land you to 3 months coma.

Zinhle: Rrrr, mhm, you just turned me on.

Sboniso: angisazi ke

We turned to her, really? That is all she can think about right now?

Zinhle: What? He turned me on, so what?

I shook my head and turned to Caleb and Sandile.

Me: I really don't want my day to be ruined. I will take your gift, but can you please leave afterward? I really don't want you guys fighting because of a gift.

Caleb: I only came here for that nothing else.

I tried to stand up, but Lizwi stopped me. I looked at him but he was not looking at me. His eyes were fixated on Caleb while his hand was on my arm.

Luzuko: Sandile, take it

Lwazi: mina ngithi akashawe lo (I say we should beat him)

Muzi: nazoke bafo khona engeke aphinde uthi sizomenzani thina lo peace aze naye? (That's it, brother, so he will stop. What does he want us to do with the peace he came with?)

Sandile: You can give me the gift. I will give it to her.

He took out a box and gave it to Sandile. Sandile then let him go.

Muzi: LEAVE!

He fixed himself, and them winked at Lizwi and left. Muzi followed him. I think he wanted to make sure that he was gone. Jeremy looked at all of us one by one, then took his blazer and left. Kayla looked at us, not knowing what to do.

Me: You can go with him if you want. I do not want to come between you guys.

Kayla: And miss my friends birthday? No way he'll be fine.

Me: It is cool, really

Kayla: No, now can we please carry on.

Muzi came in running. He looked like he had just seen a ghost. Everyone was on their feet again, including Lizwi this time.

Muzi: Ngeke niyikholwe ke le (You will believe this)

Lwazi: yini bakunike u5 (What they slapped you?)