Chapter 57

Nobuhle's Pov

As the guys left, we sat in the table. It was my father, Bab'Mbatha and my brothers, then me and the Queen. She looked scared but tried to keep a straight face. Dad couldn't even hide his disgust over this woman. I wonder why.

Bab'Mbatha: Delisile

She kept quiet and had her eyes fixated on me.

Dad: ungalinge ubuke eyami indodakazi (don't you dare look at my daughter)

She looked down.

Bab'Mbatha: uyabona ukuthi siphethe ini la khuluma ke singaze sikukhulumise ngenkani (you can see what we have here so talk before we make you talk)

Silence.

Bab'Mbatha: MaZulu uyazi ukuthi kmele wenzeni (MaZulu, you know what to do)

I was confused, but Mlamlankunzi spoke to me.

Mlamlankunzi: Hamba uyotshela umfana akhulume (Go and tell the boy to speak)

Me: About what?

I asked her, using my mind

Mlamlankunzi: about everything

I stood up and went to the boy. She gasped when she saw my tummy.

Mlamlankunzi: Touch his shoulders and tell him to speak

I touched the boys' shoulders with my hands and groaned as I got visions of everything they had sent him to do here. I turned to Delisile, who looked petrified. I shook my head and looked back to the boy.

Me: KHULUMA (SPEAK)

The boys eyes turned white, and he opened his mouth.

Tikoloshe/Boy: She is my mother's friend. She came home one day when my mom was not there and slept with my father, then made me eat cake while she was busy with my father. I became weak and sick.

Delisile: thula wena unamanga (shut up, you're lying)

Me: kuzothula wena la (you will be the one to shut up)

Delisile: awunahlonipho (you have no respect)

Dad: uzongalinge ukhulume naye kanjalo (you will not dare speak to her like that)

Me: Khuluma mfana (talk boy)

Tikoloshe/Boy: She would come all the time when my mom was not there and make my father sleep with her while I ate the cake. As a child, I just thought she was being nice and accepted what she gave me the cake. One day at night, I couldn't do anything it was like I died, but my spirit was trapped in my room. My parents got to my room in the morning and confirmed that I had died. I was crying and begging them in the corner to turn to my side, but they couldn't see me or do anything. She came to my house after she had heard the news and and it sprinkled something where I was that is when my spirit left and went to Khondlo. He made me sit in his place till my funeral came. On the day of my funeral, I watched as they fed a rat something and sent it to get my body. Indeed, it came back with it. They laughed and said that the rat was not seen it did a clean job by taking my body and leaving an animal in my coffin. I couldn't cry or do anything. All I wanted was to see my parents. They waited till 12 am and took me outside they had this ceremony where they sacrificed an animal in order to put my spirit back into my body and then made me a tikoloshe.

Dad cursed and looked away. This was heartbreaking.

Tikoloshe/Boy: They then taught me how to do things for them. They taught me how to cause accidents, kill, and also a lot more. I tried to fight it, but their power over me was too strong, so eventually I stopped because I saw that it was no use to fight them. She took something and went to sprinkle it in this palace so that I could come and kill the king. The thing she put here made it hard for you to sense me. She put you in a deep sleep. Every time I was here, you would only wake up with headaches. I tried so many times to kill the king, but I couldn't, so whenever I came back, they punished me by making me look at my parents picture all the time. Khondlo then started working with a man named Bab'Maphumulo. They said something about a girl named Nobuhle who didn't want to leave his son, so he wanted to get rid of her.