Chapter 72

Narrated

They found Zenathi's body a few days later. Nqobizwe was heartbroken, and so was the rest of the family. They informed her mother, and she was devastated. She blamed the royal family for her death and even threatened to get revenge on them. This would've been taken seriously if it wasn't under these circumstances, but they knew that she was hurting. She even blamed Bulelwa, saying she should've been the one who was taken, and she should be pregnant by now.

It was very hard to bury his first child. Bulelwa didn't mind all the negative thoughts she just pushed them aside and comforted her husband. The funeral took place a few days later and they started preparing themselves for war because they knew that they will come back since they didn't find the woman that is pregnant with the 3 most important things in the Ngonyama Kingdom.

Nqobizwe wasn't the same anymore, resulting in the whole triplets not being the same. They were hurt on their brothers' behalf. It took a huge toll on them. There was a cleansing ceremony, and Zenathi's mother was well taken care of by the royal family. They all tried to adjust to reality.

Meanwhile, the wives were scared of their husband's as they found out more about their powers and how they were triggered. Busisiwe was now scared of Nqobani, and he had noticed since they slept together. He would feel her leaving at night and coming back in the morning. At first, he thought she was cheating, but when he confronted Hlelokuhle, he told him that she was scared of him. So today, at night, when he felt her wake up again, he waited for her to get to the door and then spoke to her.

Nqobani: uyaphi? (Where are you going)

She got startled. Nqobani switched on the side lamp and sat up straight. She had her eyes out and was visibly shaking.

Nqobani: ngibuze ukuthi uyaphi? (I asked where you are going?)

Busisiwe: to use the toilet

Nqobani: we have an en suite, so where are you going?

Her eyes wondered around. Nqobani sighed, never in his life did he think he would have such drama, especially involving a woman.

Nqobani: woza la (come here)

He said, patting beside him. She walked slowly to him and sat beside him.

Nqobani: ngibheke MaGatsheni (look at me MaGatsheni)

She was taken aback because it was the first time ever that Nqobani addressed her like that. Yes, they were now married, but Nqobani was never really interested. Seeing her fear him like that triggered something in him. She looked at him and then looked down again. Nqobani held her chin and made her face him. He kissed her slowly and passionately. She responded to the kiss, and they made love.

Nqobani: ngiyazi uthukile kodwa ngyafunga futhi ngiyagomela angisoze ngaķulimaza MaNdlovu ngyokuvikela ngempilo yami yonke futhi ngizofunda ukukuthanda njengoba nawe ungithanda (I know you are scared but I swear and I affirm that I will never hurt you I will protect you with my life and I will learn to love you)

He said, thrusting deeply in her. Her tears flowed freely as she didn't know what to say or do. For the first time ever, she felt as if Nqobani looked at her differently. Nqobani wiped her tears.

Nqobani: thula phakade lami (shh my forever)

After making love, she laid on his chest while he brushed her back gently.

Nqobani: ngyacela ungangisabi ngisawulomuntu omaziyo (please don't fear me. I am still the person you know)

Busisiwe: kodwa uyiNgonyama futhi (but you are also a lion)

Nqobani: kuyayishintsha indlela ozizwa ngayo ngami? (Does it change the way you feel about me?)

Busisiwe: chabo (no)