Chapter 67

Nobuhle's Pov

Something doesn't feel right. None of this makes sense. Natalie said Julia made her do all of those things, but who could've told her? Dragon? That name sounds familiar. There is something going on, and I just can't put my finger on it.

Lizwi: Penny for thoughts?

I sighed.

Me: I'm just thinking about this whole thing.

Lizwi: But we spoke to Esihle

Me: Not that, I want to put an end to this and focus on my kids.

Lizwi: You also feel like there is more to this than what we know?

Me: Yes and Dragon? I've heard that name before

Lizwi: Can't believe you slept with a human trafficker

I gave him a bored look. This really isn't the time.

Me: Wait, Dragon? That rings a bell

I hope this isn't what I think it is because hell is about to break loose.

Kayla's Pov

Life has been really shitty. First, I had to face Sam's aunts again and fetch all of Alexander's stuff. They gave me some drama but didn't touch me because I went there with Luzuko. Now, Alex is registered at Crawford International, where all of our kids study. I have been ignoring Jeremy a lot lately, and I've also been gaining some weight. I don't want to gain more weight. I like being slim, so I need to go back to the gym. Right after that kiss with Jeremy, I started despising him and not wanting anything to do with him it has been a drag, honestly, because I want him next to me, but I also don't want him. He has been trying his best to be there for me, but I'm just not there. I don't even know why.

The sight of him disgusts me sometimes, and sometimes, I just want to hold him close. Aghh, it frustrates me sometimes.

Today, Alex and I are having a mother and son day outside. We are going to have a picnic in the garden, go for a swim and also make food.

Alexander: Mommy, is that how you make tacos?

Me: Yes, baby, do you want the crunchy ones or the ones with melted stretchy cheese?

Alexander: Can we do both? I want to try all of them

Me: That is too much work. You have to help me then

Alexander: No problem

Me: Okay, then let's get to it

We started making food and also listening to soft music. It filled my heart with joy to have these kinds of moments with my child. I never thought that I would ever have this with my son, I thought he was going to hate me for not being there for him, and I was going to lose him, but God answered my prayers. I'm looking at him and smiling like a retard, he is my pride and joy.

Alexander: Mommy, you know that I love you, right?

Me: yes baby I do

Alexander: And I want you to be happy

Me: Yeah

Okay, where is this going?

Alexander: Then why are you holding yourself back from being happy?

Me: What are you talking about? I am happy

Alexander: No, you're not Mommy. You don't want to be with uncle Jeremy

I gagged. How the fuck does he know him?

Alexander: I heard you speaking to him the other day, I was coming to see you then I heard you talking him I'm sorry but I couldn't help but listen.