Chapter 39

Narrated

They had just finished eating the food Nobuhle had prepared and also the desert she made. They were getting to know each other, and the King was okay with Lizwi so far.

King Nkosiyezwe: kuke kwashiwo ukuthu kunezinkinga emshasweni wenu lokho kudalwa ukuthi wamulobola endaweni ekwakungafanele umlobole kuyona uThingo uyinkosazane okusho ukuthi akalotsholwa noma ikuphi ngaphandle kwasebukhosini Ukube wawungamufanele zaziyoshawa umbani zonke izinkomo zakho (They told us that there are problems in your marriage that's because you paid lobola in the wrong place. Thingo is a princess, meaning you can not pay her bridal price anywhere else besides her kingdom. If you were not the one for her, all of your cows were going to get striked by lightning)

Lizwi: ngiyezwa baba, engabe bathe iziphi izinkinga? (I hear you, father, which problems did they talk about?)

Prince Hlelokuhle: uke wenze izinto ungaqondile ubone esekubambile ukuthi ukwenzile? (You sometimes do things you do not mean to do, and you only see that when she has caught you?)

Lizwi nodded lightly.

Prince Hlelokuhle: idlozi lethu elisuke likuqalekisa ngokukhokhela umntwana wabo kwenye indawo (That is our ancestors punishing you for paying for their child somewhere else)

Lizwi: kodwa mina bengingazi (but I didn't know)

Prince Hlelokuhle: kodwa uBaba wakho wayewazi wasebenzisana nalenyanga efuna uThingo efile ukuthi alale nomunye umlisa okwenzeke ukuthi kube ilo amumithelile (but your father knew and he worked with the Sangoma that wants Thingo dead for her to sleep with someone else and it happened to he the person she got pregnant for)

Lizwi: ubaba wami? Engakwenzelani lokho? (My father? Why would he do that?)

Prince Hlelokuhle: kuningi akwenzayo ningaboni uBaba wakho, akamufuni uThingo ngoba wakusiza wakwenza indoda encono yena kade engakufuneli okuhle wayefuna konke okuhle kuye kulendodana yakhe owayishaya ngalokhu eyakwenza kuThingo Kwakuyicebo labo ukuthi benzene kanjeya khona bezonihlukanisa mase wena uzosala ulimele mase impilo yakho iyama okuzokwenza ukuthi umfowenu abe ncono kunawe Awumbulalanga umfowenu uBaba wakho owamubulala khona ezokhipha uThingo empilweni yakho kodwa icebo lakhe aliphumelelanga ngoba wena wahlala naye uThingo Uyena owayekhuluma konke okubi kwabakini ngoThingo ukuze bezomuzonda (There is a lot that your father does that you do not see, he does not want Thingo because she made you a better man when he did not wish you good he wanted all the good things to go to the son that you beat up because of what he did to Thingo. It was their idea to do that so they could separate them so you could be hurt and your life could not go anywhere, which will lead to your brother being better than you. You did not kill your brother your father did so he could get rid of Thingo in your life, but his plan did not work because you stayed with Thingo. He is the one who spoke all the bad things about Thingo so they can hate her)

Lizwi was shocked and hurt at what he had just heard. Why would his father hate him so much? That was the question he was asking himself but didn't get the answer.

Lizwi: kungani enze konke lokhu? (Why did he do all of this)

Prince Hlelokuhle: He knew that Thingo was a princess, and when she had finally been introduced to her real ancestors, she would become powerful and say all the things he has done, you and Thingo were never meant to meet but somehow you did and your ancestors approved her that is why they have been blocking everything your father has tried to get rid of her

Lizwi: So how come I am being punished?

Prince Hlelokuhle: Because you are failing to open your eyes and see every wrong.

Lizwi: By making me hurt her?

Prince Hlelokuhle: Yes, in hopes that you will open your eyes and smell what is going on.