Chapter LXIV

⚠️❗Content Warning: This chapter contains graphic violence that may be disturbing to some readers as well as depressing themes. Reader discretion is advised.  ❗⚠️

(Please take your breaks reading these arc's chapters lovely people they may be difficult to read)

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━ ❜

.

Y/N's POV

As Y/N finished his work in the garden, he prepared himself for whatever Inosuke had unleashed inside the estate. The moment he stepped in, he realized he was utterly unprepared for the scene before him.

Inosuke had turned the kitchen into his battleground. The 'noodle flail' swung wildly in the air, rice balls flying off in all directions, some splattering against the walls, others finding their unfortunate targets among the kakushi who were trying in vain to calm him down.

"Inosuke! What in the eight hells are you doing?!" Y/N bellowed.

Inosuke stopped mid-swing. "Shinarawa! Look, I made a new weapon! It's the ultimate food flail!"

"It's Shinazugawa, you oaf! And put that... thing down before you hurt someone more seriously!"

Inosuke swung the noodle flail once more, accidentally letting go. The weapon flew across the room, narrowly missing Y/N's head and causing more mess as it landed.

Y/N dodged just in time, "Inosuke, this isn't a playground! You've turned the kitchen into a disaster!"

Kanae joined in behind him. "Inosuke-kun, maybe it's time to clean up this... mess. And perhaps apologize to those you've hurt?"

"Fine, but it was really fun, Shinarawa!"

Rubbing the bridge of his nose in frustration, Y/N corrected him yet again. "It's Shinazugawa. And 'fun' for you is a headache for the rest of us."

The clean-up was a group effort, with Inosuke reluctantly helping under the watchful eyes of Y/N and Kanae.

.

Kanae offered Inosuke a positive incentive. "There! Thank you, Inosuke-kun! How about some  soup later today?"

Inosuke softened at the mention of food. He made soft breathing noises, a sign of his delight and nodded slowly. "Fine, nice lady."

Kanae smiled and bent over slightly to address Inosuke more directly, her smile beaming. "Well, off you go now, and don't get into trouble, okay?"

Inosuke overwhelmed by Kanae's direct and warm attention, looked as if he had been struck by a sword. He recoiled slightly but nodded in agreement.

Observing the exchange Y/N couldn't help but think how disarming Kanae's smile was.

Kanae then turned to Y/N. "Go take a bath, Shinazugawa-kun. You're dirty and be careful with your cuts."

"Oh, what would I do without your sharp observations?"

Kanae insisted sweetly but with a thinly veiled threat. "If you don't, I might just have to drag you there myself. And trust me, I'm not as gentle as I look."

Y/N gulped, understanding the meaning behind her playful tone. He knew better than to test her. "Fine, fine. I'm going."

.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

.