Chapter LXXXVIII

Y/N stared at the figure holding the sword to his throat. with a strained voice, he uttered a single word. "You..."

The sword moved slightly as Y/N tilted his head, "Does that amuse you?"

The figure retracted his sword and stepped back with a cold grin spreading. "Finally got to best you. Couldn't block it, could you?"

Y/N suppressed a cough. "Yes, congratulations on overpowering a sick man, Kaigaku."

Sheathing his sword, Kaigaku's expression shifted. "You were here all this time... in Nagasaki. I've checked the path from Tokyo to this place, you asshole."

"You were looking for me?"

"Of course, I was," Kaigaku snapped back with anger and pride. "After Ukuyashiki exiled you, I was left to fend for myself. But I've grown and trained, and I'm now Hinoe rank. Not far from becoming a Hashira. Can you believe that?"

Kaigaku who placed people in 'good' or 'evil' categories based on their treatment of him still held Y/N in high regard.

"I'm genuinely impressed," he said, "To reach such a rank... you've worked hard."

Kaigaku's smile widened at the praise.

Suddenly, Y/N was seized by a violent coughing fit, Raijin fluttered anxiously, cawing in concern.

Kaigaku recoiled slightly with a frown, not out of worry but distaste. He nudged Y/N aside. "Eww, don't cough on me," he complained, stepping back to maintain a safe distance.

Y/N managed to speak between gasps. "Sorry, it's not like I... can control it."

"What the hell happened to you? You used to be unstoppable."

Y/N leaned against a nearby wall. "A lot has happened since we last trained together. Battles, demons... it's been a long road."

"Well, whatever it is, you're still the same to me. Just a bit more... broken."

"I appreciate the sentiment, Kaigaku. It's... good to see you."

" Let's go back to headquarters then." Kaigaku insisted.

"I can't... I'm planning to take a train. It's faster, less demanding."

"Stop your whining, Shinazugawa," Kaigaku forcefully gripped Y/N's wrist, pulling him to stand. His grip on Y/N's wrist was forceful and surprisingly strong, or perhaps it was Y/N who had grown significantly weaker.

As Kaigaku initiated a burst of speed with his Thunder Breathing, Y/N's legs buckled, his breath escaping in ragged gasps. The sudden exertion was too much, overwhelming his weakened state, and he fell to his knees clutching his chest.

Kaigaku stopped, turning back with confusion and irritation. "What the hells is this?"

"I'm not... the man I once was. Running... feels like fire in my lungs."

A sneer came to Kaigaku's face as he processed the sight before him, "What happened to you? You're useless like this."

"Yes, I know," Y/N admitted with resignation. "Two years ago... I faced Upper Moon Two. This is the result."

"Upper Moon Two?" Kaigaku stepped back in surprise. "You're lying."

"Would I lie about that, Kaigaku?" He pushed himself to stand.

"Tell me about the fight."

Y/N shook his head, "Not now... we need to return to the hospital. It's not safe out here, especially in my condition."

The World On His Shoulders | Demon slayer x Male readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें