Chapter XCIV

Doma's attack surged forward, a blizzard of icy death aimed squarely at Inosuke. Without hesitation, Inosuke countered with Beast Breathing, Tenth Fang: Whirling Fangs, his blades slicing through the freezing gusts with that scattered the icy shards like mere snowflakes. As the cold mist cleared, Kanao was already in motion.

But Doma was quicker. With a casual flick of his fan, he sent Kanao tumbling through the air. She crashed to the ground, the impact jarring but not enough to keep her down.

Inosuke roared at the demon. "Get back here and fight!"

Doma merely shook his head, "Nope."

He summoned his Blood Demon Art: Crystalline Divine Child. In an instant, the air shimmered as smaller clones of Doma formed, each one a perfect, icy clones wielding his powers.

The crystal children flanked Kanao and Inosuke, each clone attacking. Scattering Lotuses, Frozen Lotus, and Cold White Princesses—each technique was executed with precision as if Doma himself was doing them, forcing the Demon Slayer duo to defend desperately.

As Doma turned towards the exit he conjured three more clones.

"Inosuke, we must hold on just a little longer!"

Doma paused at her words but then shook his head dismissively and reached for the door handle. Whatever plan the slayers had, he was sure it wouldn't matter in the end.

Meanwhile, Kanae and Shinobu were quickly aligning their strategy.

As they prepared themselves, each of the slayers' thoughts drifted inevitably to Y/N, the man who had carried them this far.

.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

.

Years ago,

In the gardens of the Butterfly Estate, Y/N and Kanae were deeply engrossed in a sparring session. It was a warm day, the opposite to the intense emotions that had recently gripped Y/N. He had just emerged from a long period of grief, having confronted the painful realization that his family had been gone for years. The world's weight seemed lighter now as he stood opposite Kanae, their wooden bokkens in hand.

As they clashed once again, the sound of wood striking wood echoed through the garden. Kanae gave a warm smile. "I think I have gotten even faster, thanks to you," she remarked.

"Well... can you be fast enough to dodge this, though?" Y/N challenged..

In the blink of an eye, he closed the distance between them. Before she could react, her bokken was gone, swept away by his swift movement. His hands then found her curvy hips, pulling her close with a possessive yet gentle grip.

Kanae's breath held slightly at the sudden closeness. She looked up at him, her cheeks tinted with a shy blush. "Please don't start groping me out here in the open, Shinazugawa-kun," she murmured in admonishment and amusement.

Y/N feigned a gasp of shock. "How inappropriate, Flower Hashira! What kind of perverted man do you take me for?" he exclaimed.

"Am I lying, though?" Kanae teased.

"No, my love..." Y/N replied softly, squeezing her hips reassuringly, his hands staying precisely where they were. He then pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her.