48

Chapter 48 The First Night of Heavy Rain

  Aunt Wangs son kept crying out in pain. The situation was a bit complicated. Father Shen did not have professional equipment at hand and could not give a definite answer.

  The only thing I can say is to keep him still for now, wait for the water to subside a little, and then go to the hospital to take a picture.

  Aunt Wang didn't get satisfactory results, so she shouted anxiously, "Doctor Shen, you are a professional doctor. How can you be a doctor if you can't even see this situation?"

  Upon hearing this, Father Shen's face changed. It immediately became cold.

  "If you don't believe me, you can find someone else."

  Aunt Wang curled her lips, "You can't find anyone. Who doesn't want to go to the hospital?"

  The neighbor she asked for help couldn't stand it anymore, "Aunt Wang, what are you doing? You can say that. Dr. Shen worked hard to go downstairs to treat your son. What kind of attitude do you have? You just don't thank others, and you still find fault with others."

  Aunt Wang stopped talking.

  But until night, the heavy rain had not stopped.

  Rainfall has increased instead of decreasing, and the city's drainage system has been completely paralyzed. The accumulated water cannot be drained out, causing waterlogging in low-lying areas.

  Shen Xiaoxiao's community happened to be in a low-lying area. The first day of rain flooded the basement and garage. The first floor was already submerged, and the water level rose to the second floor.

  The people living on the second floor finally started to panic. They were not worried if the first floor and the underground garage were flooded, but the second floor was their home. What would they do if it flooded? So I could only shamelessly go upstairs and ask my neighbors on the higher floors if they could take them in for the night and wait for the water to pass before going home.

  Aunt Wang was naturally panicked. The first thing she thought of was Shen Xiaoxiao's family. Two generations of her family were doctors, so it was naturally easier to take care of people. She immediately took her daughter-in-law upstairs to find someone.

  This time, it was Father Shen who opened the door again. Aunt Wang immediately explained the purpose of coming, and at the end she added: "Doctor Shen, you are a nice person. Please let us stay for one night."

  Shen Xiaoxiao listened. The commotion here is for fear that her father will be soft-hearted and agree.

  She dragged her slippers and rushed up: "I remember your eldest son's family also lives in this building. If you don't go find your eldest son, why are you coming to my house?"

  Aunt Wang said awkwardly: "This is not a quarrel between me and the old man. It's not easy to meet."

  Father Shen also reflected that Aunt Wang's eldest son was indeed in this building, but because he was particularly partial to the younger son, he had a falling out with his daughter-in-law and had not said a word to him for half a year. .

  But as the saying goes, even if a broken bone is broken, the tendon is still attached. When it comes to relatives, her eldest son is closer, and it is not his turn to live in his house.

  So he decisively refused.

  This made Aunt Wang angry. She didn't achieve a satisfactory result, so she immediately changed her face and started to curse.