50

Chapter 50 Water and power outage

  "Dad, I put away the coffee table."

  Shen Xiaoxiao blinked and touched the black card twice with her fingers.

  In the blink of an eye, the one-and-a-half-meter-long gray marble coffee table appeared in front of the three of them.

  In the living room, except Shen Xiaoxiao, Father Shen and Chen Juan looked stunned.

  After a while, the two looked at each other and finally accepted the shocking fact.

  Their daughter really has an invisible space, and she seems to be attached to an amazing organization.

  Father Shen calmed down for a long time, and finally said with difficulty: "Xiaoxiao, it doesn't cost much, right?"

  He always felt that how could such a good thing happen to ordinary people so easily.

  Shen Xiaoxiao smiled and shook her head, took her father's arm and reassured him: "No, but I guess you may need to take on corresponding responsibilities when you enter the base. These are not problems."

  Father Shen was finally relieved.

  "Okay, since you all have plans, let's do it as you young people do." "

  But you can't tell when it will rain again outside. Even if you have a rubber boat, it's not safe. It's better to wait until the water recedes a little before heading to the meeting point."

  Shen Xiaoxiao nodded seriously, "Yeah. I'll go cook with my mother first. Taking advantage of the limited water and electricity now, I'll make all the edible things at home into cooked food and put them in the space. This can keep them fresh and warm."

  "Okay, I'll put them in. " Collect all the valuables at home and take whatever is useful with you."

  After the family distributed it, they started to do it.

  Now that the rain has stopped, every household is looking for tools to plug the cracks in windows and doors that are leaking and leaking.

  What was even worse was the residents whose windows were scratched. The window on the balcony was shattered, leaking water all over the house. Most of the water had been scooped out, and the floor was still wet. They started sweeping and mopping the floor to clean up debris and broken glass. .

  Some people also hurriedly contacted the installers in stores near the community and urged them to install windows.

  But now the city has been hit by a disaster, and the windows of many homes are more or less damaged. As a result, the workers are so busy that they can't take orders. Those who placed orders late can only wait in line and have to pay a large fee. The installation fee is high, almost two or three times more than the usual price.

  In this case, no one dares to bargain. After all, their workers are now in high demand. If you are not willing to pay, they will do the work of another company and pay higher fees.

  People whose homes were flooded had no choice but to bite the bullet and pay a large sum of money to invite others in.

  After all, the official issued a warning, saying that the heavy rain will continue for a while, and the city will be seriously flooded. If conditions permit, you can move to higher ground.

  Many people are trapped now. Even the rescue team must first rescue those in need and send them to emergency shelters. At present, they cannot take care of the people at the top.