# 7

"I won't leave you."

-

"Valentina, please don't. Please." You shake her body, "good-bye, Y/N. stay strong," her eyes slowly shut. Those were her last words. "NO! Valentina, don't die on me! PLEASE!" you cried hysterically.

You fell to your knees and continued to cry. Your best friend, just sacrificed herself just to save you and The battle was over. "IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!" You cried out loud, your heart started beating really fast and you were so weak. You punched and scratched your arms and legs, all you wanted to do was hurt yourself.

Piper, Thalia and Hazel stopped you from hurting yourself but you were so strong. you ended up pushing them away. Every demi-god who fought in the battle. Well, they wanted to help you and everything but they know you shouldn't be touched when having a breakdown. All you wanted was your best friend back.

Your thoughts were getting blurry and you were having a hard time breathing. Before you could hit the ground, a pair of arms caught you.

You looked up and saw your best friend, Nico. "I got you," He whispers in your ear, trying not to cry. He always calmed you down or stopped your panic attack by just wrapping his arms around you. "She's gone," you sobbed against his chest. "Y/N. Look at me," He grabbed you chin so you could face him.

"Valentina died being a hero. The last line of the prophecy, Remember what the prophecy said? A Hero shall sacrifice to end it."

"I---have lost a lot of people in my life, Nico. And, I-I don't k-kn-now what to do anymore. You might leave me next," you say as you hugged Nico tightly. He held you tighter in his arms, "I won't leave you."