# 36

He doesn't break a promise

-

"But, Chiro-"

"Child... As I have said..... You're not ready to battle out there. It's very dangerous." Chiron warns. You finally give up and stormed back inside the infirmary.

Gaea has risen and you wanted to help the Greeks and the Romans. They were all battling different kinds of monsters out there and you wanted to help but you were badly injured on your right arm.. you couldn't even lift a sword. You stay steady inside the infirmary. Your ADHD wasn't helping.. honestly. Your guts told you to go get your ass out the infirmary and risk a life out there. You couldn't help it anymore... so you grabbed a dagger that was placed on a table and ran outside.

Just right on time... a monster was charging towards you. Being alert.. you charged at it too and quickly stabbed it on the chest. It vanished. You kept running until something pins you down the ground. Your worst nightmare. It was a manticore. It was staring down at you hungrily. You glare at it then kicked it in the gut. It flew backwards with a whimper. You ran before it could get up again.

Your right arm was crying in pain. It felt so bad but you ignored it. You kept running. You take a second to look at your leg. You just realized that it was now wounded. You wondered where you got that. "Y/N!" You hear someone yell your name. Your eyes were searching in the crowd of demigods for that person who called you, "Y/N!" It called again. The voice sounded very familiar to you. You face your right and it appeared to be your boyfriend who you've been worrying about for so long. His face looked so.. exhausted and his arms were full of wounds and bruises. You gaze at him in shock. "Nico?"

He opens his arms, gesturing for a hug. You smiled with tears and ran into his arms. He wraps you around tightly, not wanting to let go. You cry against his chest and cherish the moment. You haven't seen him since he left Camp Half-Blood.. and that was so long ago. He left without saying goodbye to everyone, except you and Chiron. You cried so hard when he told you about the plan he's getting himself into but you didn't argue, especially Chiron. You both knew it was for the camp and you respected his decision. Everyday, you would ask Chiron how was he, and he always said, ' I'm not sure. ' or ' I'm sorry, child. I can't seem to connect. '  then the day came Chiron told you he got trapped inside the jar. You got so worried that you didn't even sleep for a week or two. Once, you tried to sleep and yes.. you were able to sleep but you felt his loneliness, pain, anger, and sadness wash over you. You couldn't figure out if it was a dream because it was pitch black and all you felt were emotions... your boyfriend's emotions. Every night, you cried in agony.. and prayed to the gods, hoping your angel will come home safe.

And you're glad he's here.. alive. He gently lifts your chin up to face him, "Hey... what's wrong?" You frown, "I thought I lost you, Nico." 

He shakes his head. "No, Y/N. I wouldn't let that happen... We have a future planned together, right? And that promise.. remember?" You nod with a grin. "Please.. don't ever leave me again." You say as you bring his face closer to yours and kissed his soft, cold lips. It felt like your first kiss because the butterflies were still there.

"Oi! You two better stop smoochin' ! You're goin' to get ya selves killed!'