# 43

"What are we?"

-

You're not sure if he's your best friend anymore. You don't even know what to feel about the situation right now. The night you cried, he was obviously there to comfort you.. because that's what best friend's do, right? But his comfort was different. He kissed you.. right on the spot. Of course, you kissed back, but the kiss didn't last that long because he stopped and said it was.... wrong.

Who does that? He started it.. and he said it was wrong. It made you feel worthless and small when he left you hopeless. You couldn't sleep that night. A thousand voices in your head were screaming. The next morning, you told Piper and Annabeth about the story, and they said, "If you really want to know what you guys really are.. ask him."

You had the guts to face him and ask him. So, you stormed inside his Cabin and locked the door. "Have you ever heard of knocking?" He says, annoyance in his voice, "Whatever." You shrugged.

"Talk to me," You kind-of demanded. His eyes go a bit wide, "please." You say softly. He stays quiet for a few seconds, "If this is about the kiss... l-leave me alone."

"B-But I thought I was your best friend?!" You cried out. He looks away, not wanting to meet your eyes. "That kiss was a mistake, Y/N." He says bitterly. "It wasn't! Tell me you felt something!" You harshly grabbed his shoulders and shake him. He pushes you away. You fell on the ground and hit the wooden floor, you whimper in pain. "I DID, ALRIGHT?!"

You stare at the floor blankly, with tears streaming down your eyes. You didn't know what to answer.. even though this is what you wanted to hear. Maybe you didn't feel happy about it because he didn't seem happy too. "I'm sorry," You say, looking down. "I'll just leave you alone."

You get up and make your way towards the door. "N-No, Y/N, wait! I'm sorry!" He stops you. You don't stop walking towards the door until he wrapped his arms around your waist, begging you for forgiveness. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please... stay."

You push him away, just what like he did to you awhile ago. You stare at him with sadness in your eyes, "What are we?"