# 35

A/N: This is more of a 'Percy and You' moment hehehe.

Hunters of Artemis

-

When Thalia Grace placed the silver card on your hand.. it felt heavy and cold. Was that a sign? You say in your head. "Think about it, Y/N." She gives you one last smile and walks away.

You stare at the silver card on your hand... Will this be a good or bad change? Will this change me? Is this worth the risk? How about my friends in Camp? Especially the boys! How about... Nico? Too much answers to solve.

You wanted to be a part of the Hunters really bad... You don't know why but... the thoughts of accepting their offer makes you happy.

The only thing you didn't like was: They distanced themselves away from boys.

What about your friends who are boys, right? And Camp Half-Blood! It is your only home and it looks like you're not ready to leave.

But sometimes, you should let go of things... right? Even though it means a lot.

**

"I'm going to accept Thalia Grace's offer."

Percy's face suddenly turns pale. Your grin faded as you noticed his expression. He didn't look so happy about it, "You cannot be fucking serious, Y/N!" His face suddenly turns really red and his eyes.... it looked like he was about to cry.

"Do you realize what you're getting yourself into?!"

Before you could speak, he cuts you off by signalling you to let him speak first and shut your mouth.

"What about me?! Are you thinking about me?! Your friends?! Your home?! Yourself?" He whispers the last word quietly. You look down in shame. You understood what he was feeling right now.

Your big brother didn't want you to get hurt. He knew you had a bright future ahead of you... and he is NOT going to let the Hunters of Artemis take that away.

"P-Perc-"

"He loves you, Y/N! He LOVES YOU!"

You furrow your eyebrows in confusion, "W-What??" Percy just shakes his head in dissapointment and leaves you alone.

The last words he said to you kinda made you uncomfortable and occupied your thoughts but you pushed it away and start to think about Percy... and your home.

**

During the campfire... you decided to stay away from all of them for awhile. You've accepted the offer... whether it's going to kill you or not. You were on top of your cabin roof, staring at the beautiful moon and stars.

It reminded you of Nico...

Dark on the inside.. but shining.

You felt a tap on your shoulder. You turn around and it was surprisingly, Nico. You suddenly throw your arms around him, that made him stumble, a bit. "Y/N.. is there something wrong?" He asks curiously and slowly places a hand on your back, reassuring you.

You snuggle your face on the crook of his cold neck and hug him tighter. "I'm going to miss you."

"What?"

He pulls away from the hug and stares at you in shock. "Can you repeat what you just said?"

You gulp. "I'm going to... m-m-miss y-you." Your voice cracked. "Why are you saying this?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"Because I'm leaving, Nico. I'm s-"

"DON'T!" He shouted. You watched a small tear roll down his cheek... it wanted to make you cry too. "Why are you going to l-leave?"

You kept your head down but answered him, "Hunters of Artemis."

You look up at him. His fists, clenched.. and his eyes, red.

"D-Do you know I-I lost my older s-s-sister because she j-joined them? She's the reason why I'm this! I love her... Y/N. And I love you too... I'm not going to let them take you away from me."

You were on the verge of crying. You never knew about Nico's past. He never wanted you to know but now? Hearing this painful story? You wanted to stay with him.. because you love him too, "I'm sorry," He nods. You watched as he grabs your hands and gives it a small squeeze. You give him a soft smile and let a small tear escape your eye. "I'm sorry." You apologize again.

He softly smiles back at you. He pulls you closer and the next thing you knew... you had your first kiss under the stars, on top of the roof.