# 38

A/N: I'm sorry if this isn't your language! Apparently, it's mine.

You teach him filipino

-

"I'm here!" You shout as you entered the Hades cabin. He shoots you a small glare, "Keep it down, love."

You frown, "Mean."

You take a seat beside him and rested your head on his shoulder. You could hear the beat of his heart... and it made you smile. "I have good news," You say and straighten up. "My mother came from the Philippines and I'm going to dinner with her tomorrow night. Care to join us?"

"Where on earth is the Philippines?" He furrows his eyebrows. You laughed, "Southeast Asia. Below China. Across the Pacific Ocean."

"Woah," He chuckles, "that's pretty far."

"Really far."

"You see," You start to explain, "My mother decided to live here in New York, so she won't be that far from me. Besides, she won't be the only filipina woman staying. Her sisters are here too."

Nico just blinks repeatedly. As if he didn't understand a word you said. "I never knew you were asian." He says softly. You laugh, "It's because I never told you and filipinos look a bit like Mexican, Malaysian, Chinese etc. Plus, our language is easier than Italian and it's a tiny bit similar to Spanish."

"Um... how is it a little similar to Spanish when Mexico isn't even in Asia?" Nico questions. You laugh at the question. "It's not Mexico, hun. It's Spain. Anyways, Spaniards took over us once. They taught us some of their culture... I think. That's why, we have this holiday in the Philippines called ' Independence Day ' the day we were freed from Spaniards. Also known as ' Araw ng Kalayaan ' "

"Oh. What year?" He asked. "Um... I think it's June 12, 1898 but in 1962 it was declared as Independence Day." You answer. You didn't know much about Philippines because you left at around nine years old. You noticed a few monsters getting near you at that age and your mother had to send you to Camp Half-Blood.

You grab your boyfriend's hands playfully. "C'mon... let me teach you a few words." He smiles. You start explaining, "In Spanish, hola is hello but in our language, it's either hello or kamusta ( How are you ) "

"What? Are you serious?" He smiles. You nod, "Filipinos are one of the best asians to speak english straight and the Spaniards took over us, right?"

He just nods. "Okay, when you meet my mom. Tell her, ' Maganda po anak niyo ' ( Your daughter is beautiful ) "

"Ma-gand.. a po an-ak... niyo?"

You laugh. His face becomes red. "Not funny. Wait 'till I teach you Italian." He smirks devishly. You roll you eyes but smile, "Okay. Po is a word you use in front of old people. It shows a sign of respect."

"Okay, po." He says. You snicker, "Say this. ' Mahal kita ' ( I love you ) "

"Ma-hal... kit-a." He repeats after you but softly. You smiled then place a kiss on his lips. "Mahal din kita ( I love you too ) " You whispered.

"W-What does it mean?" He asked. "It means... I love you."

He smiles softly, "I love you too."

A/N: I'm sorry if I offended any asian here in the part "Filipinos are one of the best asians to speak english straight" not trying to make fun of any asian here. Not every filipino knows how to speak english straight, not all but there's a lot who has that american accent and can sound like american. Anyway, yes.. I'm filipino but I don't know much about the Philippines. I grew up here in LA, with my father only, who's American. He's divorced with my mom, who's filipino and half australian. I've visited the Philippines twice though... and no offense but the trafic kinda sucks. #MayForeversaEDSA. I hope I got the details right about the Independence Day thingy.