Chapter 14

"You're friends with Jason McCann" Dylan said standing up. I was about to talk, but he kept going. "I knew he looked familiar! Mackenzie are you insane?" He asked me. I groaned.

"Not you too" I said to him.

"So I'm not the first to say something. Does mom and dad know?" He asked me. My eyes widened.

"Dylan don't. Me and Jason haven't talked. Please I'm begging you not to tell them" I begged him.

"Then stop talking to him. That's dangerous" he said.

"I did! I'm tired of everyone telling me not to talk to him! I get it!" I yelled then ran upstairs. I went into my room and locked the door. I'm just going to take a nap. I'm too tired to fight with anyone let alone talk about Jason. I quickly changed into sweats and a tshirt and jumped into bed. I put my phone on my night stand and just thought as I laid on my back looking at the ceiling. Then I heard a knock on my door and I groaned.

"Mackenzie let me in please I'm sorry" I heard Dylan say.

"I'm going to sleep" I told him and heard the sound of his footsteps go farther from my door. Maybe I'll feel better when I wake up. Then I heard my phone vibrate. I can't even peace. I sat up to turn my vibrate off and saw a text from a random person.

Unknown: no need to roll your eyes at me before sweetheart

Jason. I knew it was him. From when I rolled my eyes at him before.

Me: whatever

I send it but right after thought if it was a bad idea to even answer him back. Right away, he texted me back.

Jason: watch it

Me: try me

I answer back and he never texted me back but it said he read it. I turned my phone vibrate off and put my phone down on the night stand again. Again the only thing on my mind was Jason as my eyes started to get heavier.

***

I woke up to a knocking on my door.

"Hello?" I asked as I didn't move from my spot.

"Mackenzie why is your door locked?" I heard my moms voice from the other side of the door. I didn't say anything as I stood up and unlocked the door. She walked in and I laid on my bed again. I looked out the window and the sun was setting. "Do you want to go out to eat with us?" My mom asked me. I shook my head and hugged my pillow. "Awe alright. We're leaving in a few. Feel better and I'll text you when we're on our way" my mom said smiling. I smiled too and nodded.

"Bye mom" I said as she was walking out. She should the door behind her then I stood up. I looked at my phone then walks out of the room. I heard my front door closed and I walked down stairs to get a water bottle. I opened the fridge and saw only one water bottle left. Well that's mine now. I grabbed it and looked out the kitchen window into the back yard. It was dark outside and no lights were on in the back yard. I turned around and started walking up the stairs then I could have sworn I heard something. Dylan must still be here. "Dylan!" I yelled his name. No response. It was probably nothing right? I walked into my room and turned the lights on.

As I shut the door, I felt hands go over my mouth. I was able to scream. They let go and I heard laughing. I turned around to see Jason standing there and he laughed then smirked at me. "What the hell are you doing in my house?" I asked me. He shrugged. I crossed my arms. "Leave me alone Jason" I said to him trying to push him back towards the open window. He was too strong so I gave up.

"Now why would I do that" he said still smirking.

"You need to leave" I told him, but he leaned against my wall instead. "Get out!" I yelled at him. Big mistake. His eyes turned darker. He was pissed.