Chapter 62

So right now my mom and I are on our way to the restaurant to meet up with Jason. I'm so nervous right now. I know she likes him, but I get so nervous that something will go wrong. Jason texted me saying he's already there and got us a table. I think he's nervous too, but I'm sure he wouldn't admit to it.

Me and my mom got out of our car and walked up to the restaurant. My mom told a waiter we were meeting with someone and they pointed us in a direction. I saw Jason sitting in a booth on his phone. We thanked the guy and walked over to the booth. Jason looked up at us, smiled as he put his phone down.

"Hey ladies" he said as we sat down. I slid into the booth with Jason as my mom sat across from us. He quickly kissed my cheek.

"Hey Jason. How are you?" My mom asked him as she grabbed a menu.

"I'm doing great. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good" she said smiling. "So Jason, I don't remember if you told me, but do you work right now?" She asked. Oh god. Oh my god. I hope he has an answer.

"Uh yes I do. I work at an auto body shop" he told her.

"Oh really. Around here?" She asked him. Mom shut up. I hope he doesn't make anything obvious. I don't think it will change much though.

"No actually it's far" he said and my mom nodded.

"So I forgot to mention that my friend Laura is getting married soon and we are invited and Jason if Mackenzie wants to bring you as her date, I talked to Laura and you'd be able to come" my Mom told us. I smiled and put my hand on Jason's that's on my thigh.

"She's getting married? Oh that's so cute. I'm so happy that she moved on" I said smiling. Laura has been my moms friend for a long time. Laura used be married, but her ex got abusive and she took her child and bravely left. Her kid is a year younger than I am. But he doesn't go to my school. They live two towns over. But they are such a nice family.

"Yeah I'm glad. But here's the thing" my mom said. oh no. "For a little celebration me, her, and some of the girls are going to Vegas for a few days"

"Really? When?" I asked confused.

"Tomorrow. So you will have the house to yourself  for a few days. So you can have one of the girls stay with you. Obviously no parties. No people over. Just the girls or Jason of course" she said. I groaned.

"I know mom" I said and Jason chuckled. I looked over at him. "What's so funny Jason?" I said and poked his side which causes him to jump a little. I heard my mom start to laugh. I giggled and Jason poked my side back then put his arm around my waist. I kissed his cheek then looked back at my mom. She's smiling at us. I think this will be a good dinner.

***

It's near the time to leave and so far it's been great. No awkward moments. My mom loves Jason. If only it was like this with my dad.

"Here's your check" the waiter said as he put the check on the table then walked away. My mom and Jason went to grab it at the same time.

"Oh Jason stop it I'm paying" my mom said as she started going through her purse to get her money.

"No it's fine I can. You took us out. It's the least I can do" Jason said as he put money on the table. My mom sighed.

"Then I'm paying for the next one" My mom said smiling. "Ready?" My mom asked us. We both nodded and we all got out of the booth and walked outside.

"Mom I'll be right in the car" I told her. She nodded and went to the car which is right next to Jason's in the front of the parking lot.

"So you'll have the house all to your self for a few days" Jason said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I put my hands on his chest.

"Yeah. You're gonna stay over right?" I asked and he smirked.

"Do you even have to ask" he said and I laughed. He pulled me into a hug and I laid my head on his chest. "I'll see you tomorrow babe" he said then I lifted my head to look up at him. I nodded. He kissed me and then smiled.

"Text me when you get home" I said as I stepped away and we started walking to our cars.

"You too. Bye Angel" he said as I get to my moms car. we kissed again then I jumped into my moms car.

"That's his car?" She asked as she saw him get into the blue ferrari.

"Yeah" I told her.

"wow that's nice." She said then started driving. "You guys are cute. I'm happy for you" she told me. I smiled.

"Thank you mom. I just wish dad felt the same way" I said then sighed.

"I know I know. I have to talk to him" she said and I stayed quiet as I grabbed my phone. "So how long have you guys been together if you don't count that month we were in Paris?" She asked me.

"Uhh" I have to stop and think. "Like a month or more maybe. But before he asked me to be his girlfriend, we were like basically dating" I told her.

"Oh okay. I remember the first time I met him. When you guys were swimming. You both looked so happy and we're having fun" she said and I smiled remembering that day. I stayed quiet as I smiled down at my fingers on my lap.
"So my flight is around noon tomorrow" my mom told me.

"Oh okay. You're getting a car to the airport?" I asked her. She nodded. I looked back down at my fingers but then grabbed my phone. I'm so tired. I can't wait to sleep. But I just really want to be with Jason. Even though I was just with him.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
I know it's kind of short but I hope you guys liked it !!