Chapter 47

I sighed as I heard my uncle down stairs. Today is the day I have to go to this wake with my uncle. I don't even know why he's asking me to come with him. I grabbed my phone and walked down stairs.

"Hey are you ready? We gotta go" my uncle greeted me. I smiled and nodded. I hugged my parents and we walked out.

"So what did you need to talk to me about?" I asked as we got in the car and started driving.

"Just a few things" he shrugged. "Just seeing how everything is going and that you're safe-" I cut him off.

"And this is about Jason" I said and sighed.

"Not everything" he told me. "We'll get to him, but first I want to talk about Larissa" he said.

"Oh god. Is everything okay? Does she like the school?" I asked him. His daughter Larissa is a freshman in my school.

"Everything's fine. I just think she's already getting in drinking with people in the school. There's this kid she talks about. I always hear her and her friends talking about him" he said and laughed at the part of the kid she talks about.

"I'm not surprised to be honest because that's how I kind of was but in my sophomore year. But I am a little shocked since she is. Who's the guy?" I asked.

"Yeah I guess so. His name is Kade. I don't remember his last name but I heard he's older. I think it was like Fillon or something like that" he told me. My eyes widened. Kade...

"You mean Kade Fallon?" I asked. He sighed.

"Shit" he mumbled. I guess he knows Kade too.

"Uncle Nick keep her away from him"

"Like you got away from Jason" he said back and I sighed.

"That is completely different. She's younger. He's in my grade. He's two years older than her" I said.

"And Jason is four years older than you" he said and I groaned.

"Please stop comparing my relationship with Jason to your 15 year old daughter obsessing over a gang member that's turning 18 soon" I said and he sighed and stayed quiet. "I'm sorry I-" he cut me off. 

"No it's fine Mack. I needed to hear that anyway" he said then we pulled into the parking lot of the funeral home. I hate deaths. We got out and I stopped in front of the place. He looked back at me confused as he stopped walking.

"I haven't need here since grandpa" I told him. He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I know I know. It was tough" he said then we pulled away. I nodded and we walked inside.

"I have a question" I said quietly as we got in the line to see his friend. He raised his eye brows at me waiting for my question. "Why did you ask me to come and not Larissa or Jake?" I asked him. Jake is his son.

"I just wanted to talk to you. I told you that" he said. I nodded. A few minutes passed till we got to go up to the casket. I walked up there with him. The guy looks younger than uncle Nick. Poor guy. Me and uncle Nick walked over to the family. "This is my niece Mackenzie" he told a lady that is standing there crying. She looks like she could be this guys mom.

"I'm so sorry for you loss" I said to her.

"Thank you" she said to me and hugged us both. Me and uncle nick met a few more people then we went to the back of the room. We sat down. Why?

"Now that was his family. His name is Bret Holcoms. To the police squad he was Sergeant Holcoms. He was shot to death. 7 bullets to the chest. 1 to the head. He was a good guy. He had a nice family. He was a good cop" he told me. I looked over at the casket then at the family crying their eyes out as people told them how sorry they were for the lose.

"I'm not trying to sound rude, but Why are you telling me all of this?" I asked confused.

"Because this is what your boyfriend and his friend did" he told me and my breath hitched. I didn't want to think about Jason causing this, but I know that's what he did for a living and it's terrible. I looked down at my hands. "Ready to go?" He asked me. I didn't say anything, but I stood up. He stood up and we walked out. It's now raining out. As we got in the car and started driving he started talking. "Now I hope you know that I'm not saying to break up with McCann. Just be careful"

"I know I know. Thanks though" I said. "Wait can we stop at Dunkin Donuts?" I asked him.

"Yeah sure" he said then a few minutes later we pulled in. He pulled out some money and gave me some. "I'm going to wait in the car" he told me so I nodded then got out. As I kept walking to the building, I saw a car that looks familiar but I couldn't think of who's it was. I grabbed my phone and started texting Alissa as I walked in to DD.

"I wouldn't walk and text" I heard from the table section. I stopped walking as I put my phone down. I looked over to see Hunter and Cameron sitting at a table. I laughed and walked over to them.

"What up Wood" Hunter said.

"Just got back from a wake" I said and shook my head.

"Oh that sucks" Cameron said and I nodded.

"Is Jason home?" I asked them. They laughed.

"Actually he's here. He's in the bathroom" Hunter told me. I smiled. "So who died?" He asked.

"I don't know. My uncles friend. I just went with him because no one else could" I told them.

"Mackenzie?" I heard Jason's voice. I looked over my shoulder as he got to us. I smiled and turned around. He hugged me. He pulled away and sat down. "Wanna sit?" He asked.

"No I have to go. My uncles waiting" I told him. His eye brows raised.

"Wait your uncles here?" He asked me. I nodded and looked at him confused. "He doesn't know I'm here right?" He asked.

"No he doesn't. But just letting you know, he knows about how you killed that cop the other day" I said quietly to them. All their eyes widened.

"How?" They all asked at the same time.

"I don't know. He made me go to the wake with him then I asked why I had to go with him and he said that it's because you did it" I told him. He sighed and shook his head. "I'm going to go order then I'll be right back" I told them then Jason stood up.

"I'm coming with you" he said then we walked over to the counter. As I ordered, he cut in. "Make that two" he said then pulled out money.

"What are you doing?" I asked him quietly then he paid and smirked at me. "Jason I could have paid" I said as we walked away and waited for the drinks.

"Now why would I make you pay when I'm right here?" He asked and leaned against the wall. I shook my head and laughed. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I yawned. "Tired?" He asked me. I nodded and pouted. "You're so cute" he said smiling. I smiled and looked away. He moved a hand to my cheek and made me look at him. He kissed me then looked over at the counter to see if our drinks are ready.

"Justin!" They called out. I thought it was someone else, but then remembered Justin is his fake name. We went over and grabbed our drinks then walked over near the door.

"Alright I really have to go" I told him. He nodded and kissed me.

"I'll call you later Angel" he said and I smiled. I nodded then walked out. I got in the car and my uncle looked at me confused.

"What took you so long?" He asked and laughed at me. I gave him back his money.

"I saw a friend" I told him.

"Why does it say Justin on your cup?" He asked me even more confused. Fuck. I can't tell him that's Jason fake name.

"Oh because the friend that I saw insisted on paying for me since they haven't seen me in so long. I don't know" I said and looked out the window.

"Is he a nice kid?" I laughed.

"Of course" I said trying to hold it in. Yup. 'Justin' is a very nice kid....

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
I hope you all liked this chapter!! I know it was a little boring